Li-Ion Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
I short circuited the the terminals of a Li-Ion Battery(Camera Battery). Nothing happened like high temperatures of heat generation. But my battery stopped working after that. It was previously charged almost fully before the short circuit.

Please let me know what happened to my battery. Have I screwed my battery?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Get a new battery...i think u spoiled it.........Why do u do that when its said dont SHORT CIRCUIT

Get it done from original vendor.....dont go for duplicate ones

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Get a new battery...i think u spoiled it.........Why do u do that when its said dont SHORT CIRCUIT

I had to short circuit because even though the battery was fully charged i was not able to switch on the camera.... i thought short circuit might discharge the battery.. isn't it?

Chetan1991

Youngling
I had to short circuit because even though the battery was fully charged i was not able to switch on the camera.... i thought short circuit might discharge the battery.. isn't it?
No man. Short circuiting doesn't discharges the baterry but may render it useless. The only way out for you is to buy a new battery, I think that one is useless now. And Remember, to discharge a battery, you have to put some load across its terminals(i.e. connect something like a bulb, motor or other such device), not just join them!! :lol:

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
No man. Short circuiting doesn't discharges the baterry but may render it useless. The only way out for you is to buy a new battery, I think that one is useless now. And Remember, to discharge a battery, you have to put some load across its terminals(i.e. connect something like a bulb, motor or other such device), not just join them!! :lol:

Hmmm.. bad luck... thanks..

now will have to shell out for a new battery i guess...

is there any way of bringing the short circuited battery back to life.. i mean giving it in a service center or something...

greenpower

Right off the assembly line
Short circuit you li-ion battery for a very short time could take no problem but a long short curcuit will do great harm to your camera battery.
Go some camera battery shop to buy one. No other ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom