LG Optimus One P500 SD Card Compatibility Problem

noja

Bang! Bang!
I bought a Sandisk 8gb SDHC Class-4 card and it kept unmounting from the device itself and would sometimes restart the phone itself.
Previously I had Transcend 4GB SDHC Class-2 card and I did not have any problems whatsoever.
The card works fine in other devices.

Seems like this phone comes pre loaded with problems like dust under the screen and now SD card problems.

On idea Sim I could not even get GPRS settings :x so I had to turn to google for help.
Home->Menu->Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->Menu->New APN
This will take you into Edit access point screen. Click on APN and enter 'internet' without the quotes - or whatever APN you get from you Idea support. It may be case sensitve. Also give a name - I set this to 'idea' without the quotes. Do not change any other parameters. Press the prev key (left turning arrow) and you will find 'idea' as an entry in the APN list. Select this by touching the button against it - once selected it will turn green. The settings are done now. On powering off and restarting the N1 it will connect to the network through GPRS/EDGE.

My Current Firmware is v2.2 no modifications or rooting etc.

Does anyone have this sd card problem? I also tried SD tools to check whether my card is fake or not but it is not and reads fine with 5MBPS write speed and 10MBPS read speed.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think prepaid Gprs may not be support.

A new phone generally doesnt have these problems.

Reccomend to get it serviced.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ SD card is common in Optimus One. 8gb cards or above have problem. Class 6 or higher cards don't have this problem.

about GPRS, yes. thats how it is done.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Man why the hell did I buy this damn piece of crap.

what else should you get? Samsung Fit? big screen crappy resolution & a battery that can't get you through the day? oh, no official notes on gingerbread update? well you better off with a Samsung or Motorola mobile. & yes, in the end you'll curse even more with those mobiles.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I bought a Sandisk 8gb SDHC Class-4 card and it kept unmounting from the device itself and would sometimes restart the phone itself.
Previously I had Transcend 4GB SDHC Class-2 card and I did not have any problems whatsoever.
The card works fine in other devices.

^^ SD card is common in Optimus One. 8gb cards or above have problem. Class 6 or higher cards don't have this problem.

I think u r a newbie 2 android

So, what class card should one buy? A Class 2 card works but a Class 4 doesn't And Class 6 should work? Whatever does that mean?

I am confused now...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So, what class card should one buy? A Class 2 card works but a Class 4 doesn't And Class 6 should work? Whatever does that mean?

I am confused now...

It means we should either buy Class 2 or class 6. Not class 4 for the Optimus One.

2Gb ---> Class2, Class 4 or any make or model.
4Gb ---> Class 2, Class 4, etc works fine.
8Gb ---> Class 6 or higher recommended else that SD card unmount problem starts. LG have released many updates but nothing fixes this particular problem.

OP
noja

noja

Bang! Bang!
I got the message about the sd card but what am I supposed to do with the 8gb card that I bought. Not the mention 600 rupees wasted!
You guys think I'm a newb to android but I'm not taking about the os here, its the hardware.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I got the message about the sd card but what am I supposed to do with the 8gb card that I bought. Not the mention 600 rupees wasted!
You guys think I'm a newb to android but I'm not taking about the os here, its the hardware.

I cannot understand why you cannot use Class 4 8GB card in your phone... have absolutely no idea... doesn't make sense...

But as Sam said, this is a bug in the LG hardware. Many people have faced this same problem... It was your bad luck you did not know about it in advance. :( Even I didn't know about it...

I suggest going to the service center. I know nothing would happen, but you can atleast lodge a protest against a defective device...

Top Bottom