LG nexus 4 - price and and is it a good buy?

lethalforce

Broken In
Hey guys..

does anyone know what price is the LG nexus 4 is selling in the market? and is it still a good buy?- its old i know..but I wanna buy a stock android phone with guaranteed updates and superb performance and N5 is out of my budget.

Moto G is lenovo owned now so skeptical about that phone.

thankx in advance.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys..

does anyone know what price is the LG nexus 4 is selling in the market? and is it still a good buy?- its old i know..but I wanna buy a stock android phone with guaranteed updates and superb performance and N5 is out of my budget.

Moto G is lenovo owned now so skeptical about that phone.

thankx in advance.

Nope it will remain as a diff. Company!
Get Moto X was at exchange!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Both Moto G and Moto X are great phones, though Nexus 4 isn't a slouch either. raw performance wise, i say Nexus 4>>Moto X> Moto G
n4 maybe available around 22-23k locally, that is if it isn't OOS. else you should check flipkart/snapdeal/amazon/ebay.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
unlocked / imported one was going for as low as 15k in the past week.. otherwise optimus G can be had for similar price if you are ok with no warranty ..

btw it is not guranteed that nexus 4 will receive android 4.5/5.0 100 % . chances are pretty high but you never know qualcomm might just ditch the driver support for that chipset .. just like galaxy nexus didn't get kitkat as ti Omap didn't release drivers..

i would suggest if you are going for indian version with warranty get nexus 5 at 26k at least that is guranteed to get android 4.5/5.0

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
unlocked / imported one was going for as low as 15k in the past week.. otherwise optimus G can be had for similar price if you are ok with no warranty ..

btw it is not guranteed that nexus 4 will receive android 4.5/5.0 100 % . chances are pretty high but you never know qualcomm might just ditch the driver support for that chipset .. just like galaxy nexus didn't get kitkat as ti Omap didn't release drivers..

i would suggest if you are going for indian version with warranty get nexus 5 at 26k at least that is guranteed to get android 4.5/5.0

I believe it was the 18 month update cycle policy that Google follows rather than the lack of drivers

OP
L

lethalforce

Broken In

its old but not that old.. and Google guarantees updates for a certain period so..

any idea abt in-warranty price?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what abt sony Xperia SP..? will it get kitkat? or even 4.5 upgrade? considering the likes of moto G/E will get 4.5!

Hrishi

The update alliance does say about 18 months update policy but its not widely followed as such. Although , I am sure N4 will receive next upgrade iteration of Android post 4.4.2 .
But since google is replacing the nexus lineup with something called silver ______ , there can be possible doubts on update.

But If you are buying Nexus , you shouldn't really care about Android upgrades. You'll get it somehow or the other as it would be as close to stable release because of wide community support.

IMO , it's a great phone , but the limited memory and poor display is a distractor. My OG performs better.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
its old but not that old.. and Google guarantees updates for a certain period so..

any idea abt in-warranty price?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what abt sony Xperia SP..? will it get kitkat? or even 4.5 upgrade? considering the likes of moto G/E will get 4.5!
The update alliance does say about 18 months update policy but its not widely followed as such. Although , I am sure N4 will receive next upgrade iteration of Android post 4.4.2 .
But since google is replacing the nexus lineup with something called silver ______ , there can be possible doubts on update.

who knows when will 4.5/5.0 launch ? if it launches in june/july nexus 4 will receive it ..
but if android 4.5/5.0 launches by november i don't think it will receive it officially, by then it will be 2 year old phone .. ofcourse unofficially they all will get it..

i think android 4.4.3 is the last update nexus 4 will receive it and it is expected next month..

in warranty it is 22k i guess. much better to get nexus 5 at 26k
[MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] that 18 month policy i think is for getting updates that includes bug fixing,maintenance as well.. so it is possible that a phone may never get updated to next version than what it shipped with but may still receive maintenance , bug fixes update for 18 months.. ofcourse if they do that it affects them negatively

and i think Motorola Moto E is the first phone that has been guaranteed to get a "next major system upgarde"( like 4.5/5.0 and not 4.4.3 ) outside nexus and GPE otherwise all others don't gurantee anything..

Yes xperia SP is getting Android 4.4 by june-july. check the leaked schedule

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/174458-xperia-l-sp-thread-18.html#post2112065

No it won't go beyond that..4.4 is last update . its not about price..
Moto G and Moto E are newer devices so it is easy for them to get updated getting driver support fast and easily.. even galaxy s3 the flagship did not get 4.4 kitkat..

Last edited:

Hrishi

^well the rumor says , Optimus G ( The Nexus 4's parent ) owners are reportedly getting Android 4.4.2 Updates recently OTA. I am not expecting it for AT&T variant , but it's good that LG is finally not deserting it's 2 Year Old Flaship ( released almost 3 generations ago.)
PS , it was released with ICS . 4.0.x

Let's hope it hits the international variant as well.

OP
L

lethalforce

Broken In
Nope it will remain as a diff. Company!
Get Moto X was at exchange!

may be... but whats the use? google has kept all important R&D units with them including the patents.. lenovo is getting manufacturing and trademark which google didnt want anyways..

my bet is next upgrade will be full of bloatware crap. Hope I'm wrong though.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
If you want a true google phone then get Nexus 5..I know its costly but try to collect some money and go for it.. You wont regret it/.

Top Bottom