Lg G2 - Kit Kat Update - Suggestions ?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi! I bought the new G2 D802T last week and it's currently running Android JB. I found that Kit Kat update has also been released for it recently. But i am getting mixed response on the update as some are having bad and some good experiences. Having attached one of the articles below, has any of you G2 users updated your G2 to KK ?. Is it worth it?. Or should i wait for things to settle?

LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Problems Emerge

Verizon LG G2: Very upset after KitKat update. What can I do aside from venting to you guys?!! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

A

amit.tiger12

there is problem with lollipop not kitkat... you are on stock??? use different KK/lollipop roms

ok I read those links.. those are stupid things... always flash stock rom.. never update it..
download official kitkat firmware/rom for D802T and flash that...

lg g2 D802T 16GB or 32GB?

download from here..
LG Stock KDZ Firmware IMEI Lookup
*storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/D802T/

flashing guide
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Restore LG G2 To Stock Firmware All Models(AT&T/ Sprint/ Verizon/ Canadian & Others) | Techbeasts

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
there is problem with lollipop not kitkat... you are on stock??? use different KK/lollipop roms

ok I read those links.. those are stupid things... always flash stock rom.. never update it..
download official kitkat firmware/rom for D802T and flash that...

lg g2 D802T 16GB or 32GB?

download from here..
Directory Listing of //Xda/LG G2/Stock/D802T/

flashing guide
LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) | LG G2 | XDA Forums

Restore LG G2 To Stock Firmware All Models(AT&T/ Sprint/ Verizon/ Canadian & Others) | Techbeasts

D802T comes with 32 GB only. I have the OTA update option on my mobile for updating. What is the difference of that against flashing?. Is there a problem if i update it from my phone?

A

amit.tiger12

D802T comes with 32 GB only. I have the OTA update option on my mobile for updating. What is the difference of that against flashing?. Is there a problem if i update it from my phone?

This link can help for downloading firmware...

^you should always flash updates, don't update it from device... updating from device may lead to brick, boot error, boot loop, hardware damage (serious/light)
why so??
when you go from windows 8.1 to windows 10, you always do clean install, format drive and install win 10, 7 or else...
when updates are available for windows 8.1 you can use windows update setting for installing it.
It's safe to install clean... many faced problem with nexus 5, when they upgraded from kitkat to lollipop, i did not find any because I flashed stock images.. so its better choice always... I always flash it whenever update comes...

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
This link can help for downloading firmware...

^you should always flash updates, don't update it from device... updating from device may lead to brick, boot error, boot loop, hardware damage (serious/light)
why so??
when you go from windows 8.1 to windows 10, you always do clean install, format drive and install win 10, 7 or else...
when updates are available for windows 8.1 you can use windows update setting for installing it.
It's safe to install clean... many faced problem with nexus 5, when they upgraded from kitkat to lollipop, i did not find any because I flashed stock images.. so its better choice always... I always flash it whenever update comes...

I tried from above site. When i tried downloading after entering IMEI number, i am getting a server refused/ unable to connect error both from my mobile as well as from my desktop.

A

amit.tiger12

I tried from above site. When i tried downloading after entering IMEI number, i am getting a server refused/ unable to connect error both from my mobile as well as from my desktop.

so there is no downloadable rom for your device.
okay, so format your device, and then update it.. so there may be no problem... if you want to wait then wait for next update, i.e. lollipop, or head over xda..

- - - Updated - - -

*www.lg.com/in/support/software-manuals

check downloads...

- - - Updated - - -

buddy sorry, your device is tried and tested but there no developers support for it.. only official update is available.. try xda, ask there... they might help...

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
so there is no downloadable rom for your device.
okay, so format your device, and then update it.. so there may be no problem... if you want to wait then wait for next update, i.e. lollipop, or head over xda..

- - - Updated - - -

LG Manuals, Software & Firmware Updates | LG India

check downloads...

- - - Updated - - -

buddy sorry, your device is tried and tested but there no developers support for it.. only official update is available.. try xda, ask there... they might help...

In your earlier url, while browsing, i found these.

what is that?

A

amit.tiger12

In your earlier url, while browsing, i found these.

what is that?

if you go up in that directory..
Directory Listing of //Xda/LG G2/Stock/
it is your device model... d802t.. but don't know whether it's 16Gb or 32GB.. you can try.. but xda developers says..
Please Check to make sure you don`t flash a 16GB firmware on an 32GB device. Please check the file names if they have an "16GB" in the File Name

you can try at your own risk, ask in xda forum they might provide you proper lg g2 d802t 32gb india version firmware... ask there..

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
if you go up in that directory..
Directory Listing of //Xda/LG G2/Stock/
it is your device model... d802t.. but don't know whether it's 16Gb or 32GB.. you can try.. but xda developers says..
Please Check to make sure you don`t flash a 16GB firmware on an 32GB device. Please check the file names if they have an "16GB" in the File Name

you can try at your own risk, ask in xda forum they might provide you proper lg g2 d802t 32gb india version firmware... ask there..

There are only 2 files in that folder one for indian D802T & another for australian. I don't think there is a 16GB version for D802T. Also, there is another folder called india D802 which contains both 16 & 32 GB files in that directory.
Also, i noticed that the update file on phone is of only 572 Mb while on the folder is of 1.6 GB.

A

amit.tiger12

There are only 2 files in that folder one for indian D802T & another for australian. I don't think there is a 16GB version for D802T. Also, there is another folder called india D802 which contains both 16 & 32 GB files in that directory.
Also, i noticed that the update file on phone is of only 572 Mb while on the folder is of 1.6 GB.

but that version D802 is not 4g... because that 1.6 gb will completely give you brand new software experience...

572 is only update thing.. not all files..
1.6 gb is all operating system not update...

This is why getting US unlocked phones are the best. Everything is easy peasy and there is lots of development and tnder loving care from the the US developers.

I am using LG G2 D800 32GB AT&T Unlocked, worth Rs16,000.. rocking away in Lolipop 5.0.2 . The problem is that you lose root access after updating. Currently people are working on a safe and clean method of rooting LG G2 Lolipop.
If you are more adventurous, you can install LG G3 software in LG G2 D800 ... you get free 4K video camera and Slo Mo camera :D

Top Bottom