LG E2040T-PN Monitor

bzars

Right off the assembly line
Friends just bought an LG E2040T-PN 20 " Monitor. It was working about a week but then stopped displaying images. I went to the shop where i bought the monitor and they check it but it work in that shop and no problems were being detected. Then i bought it home again, but then the same problem struck again however my old CRT monitor worked well. Then i took the LG monitor and plugged it my friend's house and it work out there too. (plugged it directly without the VGA cable only the power adapter, and it display LG clearly). But then i came home and plugged the LG monitor directly only with the power adapter, a very very dim LG picture is being displayed. My motherboard and my NVIDIA Graphics card 8600 GT is working correctly since i could work on the old monitor.
Is this the problem with my electricity at home. I also don't have any earthing in my electricity switchbox. Do LG LCD monitors requires proper earthing to be connected in the switchbox (plug-point)???.
Please help:cry:!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
you might be overloading a single socket or your area might have low votage..try using stabiliser or use different sockets for monitor,cpu

OP
B

bzars

@thetechfreak, i will do as you say and see if it works and thank you so much for your reply :)

sukesh1090

Adam young
i don't think earthing will cause any problem bcause i also don't have earthing in my home and i am using an lg monitor.don't you have a ups?

OP
B

bzars

Sorry for the late reply since it took time for the electricity man to fix an earthing in my house, well after fixing the earthing in my house, the monitor is working fine now. Thank you friends for all your help and replies :)!

OP
B

bzars

Sorry again friends for the wrong answer, but the problem with the monitor has started again and i found out that something is wrong with the monitor itself, so i send it for servicing. Let's hope all goes well. Thanks once again.

Top Bottom