[Complaint] LG After Sales Services : Chennai, TN, India

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
any update on this ?
Hi! Sorry for not updating the thread. Got really busy personal things so could not login to forum.

I am in touch with LG India team through twitter. Then I got a call from the service center team telling me they can only provide a panel replacement. I did not accept it since my TV was just 5 days old when I reported the issue. And there is no guarantee that the new panel will not develop a dead pixel within few days of usage. I have asked them for a replacement only. Let's see how it goes.

Honestly speaking, I do not have much hope here since we are just "Indian" customer. If same thing was happening in US, Europe or Australia then store has to take full responsibility and replace the TV. Consumers there are protected by law of government. For now I am just thinking how much I would have lost my peace if I had spent 1.3L on LG OLED TV. I would advise against buying costly TVs since the dead pixel policy is very poor. It does make sense from business point of view to label the dead pixels less than 6 to be a "non-issue". But if it this happens within a month of purchase then they should provide the replacement. But its too much to ask as Indian customer.

quicky008

Technomancer
even buying expensive monitors has become a gamble these days as there's no guarantee as to how long its gonna last.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
even buying expensive monitors has become a gamble these days as there's no guarantee as to how long its gonna last.
Yes. I just feel it's really waste of money to spend on costly electronics items now. I am just scared to spend money on AC Fridge or Washing Machine.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes. I just feel it's really waste of money to spend on costly electronics items now. I am just scared to spend money on AC Fridge or Washing Machine.
AC Fridge washing machine can be repaired with aftermarket parts. TV Monitors are worst because you have to get a brand new panel which is the bulk of the cost.

Personally, IMO there should be a law passed that if you get a panel replacement, you should get a separate X years warranty for that panel. You are literally buying a new TV because a panel costs nearly that much. So it makes sense to get warranty as well.

Graphics cards are deadly, they become paperweight if they die out of warranty.
Thats one of the reason why right to repair is so damn important.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
AC Fridge washing machine can be repaired with aftermarket parts. TV Monitors are worst because you have to get a brand new panel which is the bulk of the cost.

Personally, IMO there should be a law passed that if you get a panel replacement, you should get a separate X years warranty for that panel. You are literally buying a new TV because a panel costs nearly that much. So it makes sense to get warranty as well.

Graphics cards are deadly, they become paperweight if they die out of warranty.
Thats one of the reason why right to repair is so damn important.
Even washing machine AC's are not left out from this problem as recently my onida washing machine was draining out water and couldnt hold water.Couldnt find the specific water valve for my model These companies just make a model one time and forget about it and focus on making different model No aftersales services for your old models(after 1-2 years).So couldnt found parts for my model.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Even washing machine AC's are not left out from this problem as recently my onida washing machine was draining out water and couldnt hold water.Couldnt find the specific water valve for my model These companies just make a model one time and forget about it and focus on making different model No aftersales services for your old models(after 1-2 years).So couldnt found parts for my model.

How much old was that? Before 2010 onida was good, A 2006 model lasted me till 2018 until that developed the same valve leak problem, but I considered it not worth it to repair and instead upgraded.

After 2012 most products from onida are Chinese rebranded items

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
How much old was that? Before 2010 onida was good, A 2006 model lasted me till 2018 until that developed the same valve leak problem, but I considered it not worth it to repair and instead upgraded.

After 2012 most products from onida are Chinese rebranded items
its a 2014 model

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The twitter thing didn't work since they just directed to me their service center and it turned out nothing after I denied the panel replacement. I told them clearly that I need TV replacement, after that I didn't hear back from anyone. I reached out to twitter and they told me "you already got the update on your ticket". Now what would I do with an update.

Now a faint red vertical line has appeared on TV.

I need suggestions from everyone if I should fight for TV replacement or just the go and accept the panel replacement be done with this drama?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I would say just accept the panel replacement, there is no difference between the two, if its a fault in manufacturing it would affect all new tvs as well..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The twitter thing didn't work since they just directed to me their service center and it turned out nothing after I denied the panel replacement. I told them clearly that I need TV replacement, after that I didn't hear back from anyone. I reached out to twitter and they told me "you already got the update on your ticket". Now what would I do with an update.

Now a faint red vertical line has appeared on TV.

I need suggestions from everyone if I should fight for TV replacement or just the go and accept the panel replacement be done with this drama?

Get the panel replaced ... my replacement panel on samsung monitor lasted 7 years

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Get the panel replaced ... my replacement panel on samsung monitor lasted 7 years
I just sent a message to LG for replacement instead of repair as a last tiny bit hope. I will raise complaint tomorrow if I don't get reply from their twitter handle before tomorrow.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Update:
TLDR: No update from LG

In 2nd last week of December I raised the complaint., Within 2 days, technician came and accepted the replacement of panel after a minor hiccup(he could not take pic of the vertical line since it was not visible in phone camera). In last week of December, LG service personnel comes to change the panel at home but has the wrong panel because the first guy did not update the complete model of the TV in the system. This person told me if part iis not available then it will take a week to get new panel.
Since then I am waiting for the replacement. I have received 1 call from LG and spoke to them on Whastapp about the pending ticket. I got the message from LG that ticket pending for parts. Basically there is no update overall ; still using the same TV. Not sure if the parts are getting delayed due to Covid.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I wanted a TV with better viewing angle that's why I went with IPS panel. This decision came after getting demo of VA and IPS panels. Only Samsung QLED TVs had wide viewing angles which was out of my budget. And I didn't know how better is VU service here in my area.
If I face more issues with this LG TV in future only then I will regret the purchase otherwise its fine. Only thing I feel is if I had bigger budget, may be 80K-90K then I would have gone with Samsung QLED panel. VA + better viewing angles + no IPS glow while watching TV at night in complete dark.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
IMO IPS panel are not that much used as no body likes watching a TV sitting at angle position.

QLED is becoming a norm now. all manufacturers (Vu, Hi-Sense, Motorola, Mi etc) are coming with QLED panels.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Most of time TV in my home is watched by more than 1 person, so it is not possible to get exact front position always.
Also, earlier I thought since I am already used to IPS glow and backlight bleed through monitor, it would not be much of an issue but I was so wrong. Backlight bleed always bothers, can't ever get used to this. People who watch TV in dark places must avoid pure IPS panels for sure. After all these things including things mentioned in above post, came to conclusion that QLED TV would have been better.

Top Bottom