Let's discuss Extreme-end headphones and headphone-amps for iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to know if anybody here owns a Shure E4C/SE-530. If yes, just share your experience with us. :D I have been using an E4C for over a year with the iPod 5.5G 80GB and I love the sound. I wish to upgrade to an AKG K701 sometime soon! I will also add a headphone amplifier to the mix as the K701 isn’t easy to drive. Has anybody here ever ordered a headphone amplifier at www.headphone.com ? Or there are other channels to get these headphone amps here in India.

Please share info on AKG dealers and headphone amplifiers if you got any.

I guess that the total bithead will be a nice amp to drive the K701. Share your thoughts, I shall be eager to discuss. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
First :- I only bought iPod bcoz of its good (not the best though) sound quality but I hate Apple and its useless costly products

Second :- Now I hate it coz its transfer method is a complete POS.

Third :- I am the poorest forum member so cant afford all this :(.

OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
First :- I only bought iPod bcoz of its good (not the best though) sound quality but I hate Apple and its useless costly products

Second :- Now I hate it coz its transfer method is a complete POS.

Third :- I am the poorest forum member so cant afford all this :(.

why do you dislike the iPod sound quality? Could you please describe in subjective terms?

And where are the audiophiles? I am eager to hear from them :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^You wont. Coz the audiphiles with eXpensive headphones/earphones wont be using iPods lolz. They will be using something better from Cowon or Creative :D. iPod, like other Apple products is a POS.

I said I like its sound quality but its transfer method is just POS. They are making us use iTunes bcoz iTunes was not popular and they want to make it popular like this. Since then I have found many other ways to transfer songs to it.

At the end of the day, I want just say one thing "Hope Satan curses Apple. "

BTW, I have no grudges against you. So, you are an audiophile eh ? What kinda music do you like ?

Last edited:
OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
So, you are an audiophile eh ? What kinda music do you like ?

Yepp, I am. I listen to a lot of instrumental western classical music. I also listen to Bengali songs and Hindustani classical.

I would like to add that we are digressing from the topic at hand. Let me know how you have got your AKG K701(if you own one of course, :) ) I will also need a headphone amp to power this as it isn't as sensitive as smaller cans.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well...am not kinda hard and fast buyer of expensive audio accessories but I do listen to many songs. Exceptions are pop and rap (though 1% of them are enjoyable).

Especially I like to listen post rock, dark electro, alternative and Akira's compositions.
At times metaaal too, but can't listen them whole day. Some foreign language songs too (though i don't understand them whole)

karmanya

Journeyman
I do own a pair of Senn's, though i doubt the PX100's can be called high-end.
I doubt something that's in-ear would be useful for an audiophile, have you tried circum-aural or super-aural ear phones? I've always wanted to own an AKG, unfortunately drooling over headphones you can't even dream of affording doesn't drop them into your hand.

OP
B

bhanja_Trinanjan

Broken In
I do own a pair of Senn's, though i doubt the PX100's can be called high-end.
I doubt something that's in-ear would be useful for an audiophile, have you tried circum-aural or super-aural ear phones? I've always wanted to own an AKG, unfortunately drooling over headphones you can't even dream of affording doesn't drop them into your hand.

Can you say whether AKGs are available in India?

^^Spending 50k on headphones and 20k on amps... lolz. Better buy a Crossfire/SLi rig :D.

You will never ever say this again if you plug in a Shure E4C for a minute! :)

The E4Cs are still short of reference quality, especially when it comes to treble and the AKG K701 would be a far better choice to listen to orchestral works

Buzzz.... has this thread gone to zzzZZzzz... ? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom