win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
Hello World!

I have a Lenovo Z510 with 740m in it. It heats up during gaming upto 65 degrees, which is quite normal. But the problem I am having is that, after sometime, the side vents become too hot and makes the whole keyboard hot because of the cheap plastic these Chinese manufacturers use. I have a Nvidia 7800GT's fan and a 90mm case fan. Will any of these do a decent cooling if I do a DIY cool mechanism for the side vent? Or should I raise the laptop and place it under?

Any hardware experts?

Gollum

Collector
Hello World!

I have a Lenovo Z510 with 740m in it. It heats up during gaming upto 65 degrees, which is quite normal. But the problem I am having is that, after sometime, the side vents become too hot and makes the whole keyboard hot because of the cheap plastic these Chinese manufacturers use. I have a Nvidia 7800GT's fan and a 90mm case fan. Will any of these do a decent cooling if I do a DIY cool mechanism for the side vent? Or should I raise the laptop and place it under?

Any hardware experts?

Have you tried to clean the vents with a compressed air can?
Foooit Air Duster [Compressed Air Can] for PC, CPU, AC, Server, Stereo, etc (Dust Remover)

$hadow

Geek in making
65 degree ain't hot man. Mine easily goes to around 70 with out cooler. Get a laptop cooler and you can see difference in the temperature.

OP
win32.tr0jan

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
Thanks for the inputs. yea I did try 2 to 3 varieties of laptop coolers. I think at the end of the day, all it does is some emotional satisfaction that your laptop is cooler now :D It doesnt do any significant amount of cooling.

Top Bottom