lenovo z 500

begginer

Right off the assembly line
i am considering to buy lenovo z 500,i want to know if it is a good choice in the sense does this model have some general issues like heating or drivers etc.

kickfury

Broken In
I had a look at this model recently, the accutype keyboard is just awesome, best that I've seen in any laptop. The retailer was quoting 50K for the same, not sure if you are getting a better deal.

powerstarprince

In the zone
This is a kickass laptop .. check it out here Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-341235) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

It's good for gaming

kickfury

Broken In
GeForce GT 645M, one of the best in the market right now as far as graphic cards go.

I wonder how is the battery backup is on this. It comes with a 4 cell battery, whereas the z580 has 6 cell. Except for the graphics card and extra 2GB RAM, both models are identical.

*www.flipkart.com/computers/compare?ids=COMDGAWFNJSSGQJD,COMDH2P6UVHNU7TD

Last edited:

Gtb93

In the zone
Whoa.
The Z500 @ 64k has 650M DDR5? and an FHD screen!
Seems too good to be true. o_O
JBL dolby speakers too.

Also-> Nvidia GT650 N13P-GT1 ? What's the extra part at the end

OP
B

begginer

Right off the assembly line
Whoa.
The Z500 @ 64k has 650M DDR5? and an FHD screen!
Seems too good to be true. o_O
JBL dolby speakers too.

Also-> Nvidia GT650 N13P-GT1 ? What's the extra part at the end

where did u find it , is it available in india?is z 500 officially available in india?

I had a look at this model recently, the accutype keyboard is just awesome, best that I've seen in any laptop. The retailer was quoting 50K for the same, not sure if you are getting a better deal.

Wow... I was thinking about Samsung NP550 but it had heating issues. I think this is the perfect laptop for me..
Hoe is the build quality?? And what about sound quality??

kickfury

Broken In
Wow... I was thinking about Samsung NP550 but it had heating issues. I think this is the perfect laptop for me..
Hoe is the build quality?? And what about sound quality??

From whatever I've seen firsthand, the build quality is pretty good, one of the selling features of this laptop is that it is slimmer than other notebooks (not the ultrabook range). Battery power is less though, comes with only a 4 cell, I guess thats the sacrifice for the sleek looks. Sound quality was good for me, although I'm no expert in this area.

If you are willing to wait for 6 more months, the touchscreen version might be hitting our shores, no idea about the cost.

From whatever I've seen firsthand, the build quality is pretty good, one of the selling features of this laptop is that it is slimmer than other notebooks (not the ultrabook range). Battery power is less though, comes with only a 4 cell, I guess thats the sacrifice for the sleek looks. Sound quality was good for me, although I'm no expert in this area.

If you are willing to wait for 6 more months, the touchscreen version might be hitting our shores, no idea about the cost.

no.. I am not interested in touchscreen version. I am buying it in two days time. Can you suggest me some good shops in Nehru place??

kickfury

Broken In
One thing to watch out with this model - it comes with a 4 cell battery, so you have to watch out for the battery power on this one. Given that it comes with a powerful GPU, it may give just 1-2 hrs of battery backup. I also believe the battery is also integrated inside the system, unlike other laptops were it can be disconnected easily, so you can't carry a spare with you.

One thing to watch out with this model - it comes with a 4 cell battery, so you have to watch out for the battery power on this one. Given that it comes with a powerful GPU, it may give just 1-2 hrs of battery backup. I also believe the battery is also integrated inside the system, unlike other laptops were it can be disconnected easily, so you can't carry a spare with you.

Ok.. By the way whats the difference in performance of nvidia geforce GT650m and 645m??

It shows permanently discontinued in Flipkart LOLAX

what does this mean?? Will it not be available at lenovo dealers in market too??

Gtb93

In the zone
Both Z500 and Y500 have been discontinued on Flipkart. I'm not sure if this implies on lenovo dealers as well. Could be a rectification of price/model specs or anything from flipkart's side too..

Gtb93

In the zone
Maybe there's some stock availability issues. Whatever it is, I'm guessing it's got something to do from flipkart's end, not officially.

Top Bottom