Lenovo Thinkpad or the normal pad

Hi Guys,was planning to buy my first laptop,and just to let you know i like things which are build to last and tough and rugged,but i ain't a tough guy.Anyways i came across two notebooks by lenovo one is from the thinkpad series which is the thinkpad edge 14 and the other is from the essential series lenovo g-570,now there is a price difference the g570 comes in around 29k free dos and the edge 14 comes around 33k free dos,both come with 2nd gen intel i3processor

so help me suggest one:idea:

u can take a look at the spec over here

Lenovo - Laptop computers - IdeaPad - G Series - India(IN)

Lenovo - Laptop computers - ThinkPad - Edge Series - India(IN)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Lenovo G-570 : 59-066616
Rs.32,590 + tax*
Intel® Core i3 - 2310, Win7 Home Basic(64 Bits), 15.6 HD LED Glare, 3G DDR3 1333 MHz, 640G 9.5mm 5400rpm

ThinkPad Edge 14: Rs.32,357.00*

Intel� Core� i3-380M Processor ( 2.53GHz 1066MHz ), PC DOS 2000 License, 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066MHz , 14.0 " HD AntiGlare 1366x768, 320GB ,

The difference is clear. you get much better config with G series. Thinkpad lineup is great but I doubt if you get all that you get for highend thinkpads on the low end ones.

Anish

Spectre
If you want better graphic experience among the two, go for ideapad.
Thinkpads are robust and business oriented.

OP
N

nobodyhasthisname

Broken In
If you want better graphic experience among the two, go for ideapad.
Thinkpads are robust and business oriented.

I like that word robust,but then again i guess i have a better option for g 570 instead of the edge and both have the i3 second generation processors,i went to the shop to take a look and 29k for the g 570 seemed fair enough,but a thinkpad is something which sells just by the name itself,i dont know,i mean,i hear stories that thinkpad are better than the rest,cause i know for sure either a thinkpad or a normal pad would be running constantly for more than 18 hours everyday when i am around,so you never know either one could die out on me:shock:

Last edited:
@desibond: You sure ThinkPad EDGE is one of the original thinkpads ? Lenovo sorta ruined the thinkpad label by building laptops under the thinkpad name that are not really thinkpads. The original thinkpad series laptops (forgot the model numbers) and the rebranded thinkpads have a noticeable quality difference...

Anish

Spectre
Lenovo sorta ruined the thinkpad label by building laptops under the thinkpad name that are not really thinkpads. The original thinkpad series laptops (forgot the model numbers) and the rebranded thinkpads have a noticeable quality difference...

Agreed!:p

@OP: It depends on your needs dude... if you are hard on your lappy, thinkpad is the best option... As I have a thinkpad! and nothing to complain with it..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@desibond: You sure ThinkPad EDGE is one of the original thinkpads ? Lenovo sorta ruined the thinkpad label by building laptops under the thinkpad name that are not really thinkpads. The original thinkpad series laptops (forgot the model numbers) and the rebranded thinkpads have a noticeable quality difference...

nope. EDGE is more like a budget thinkpad with most of thinkpad's protection and rigidity taken off. I have seen T410 and it still had the same Thinkpad DNA. Rugged, superb build, good performance etc

Top Bottom