[Complaint] Lenovo not repairing Laptop LCD screen

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have bought a lenevo essential laptop from flipkart in feb 2014.a week ago i noticed a black patch at a corner of the screen .it's been growing and have affected half the screen.i contacted to lenevo support and send them the pics of the screen.they replied ;
"We have checked the attached snapshot and validated and we are sorry to inform that Cosmetic issues/Damages are not covered under warranty.
the laptop is not damaged anywhere nor any damage to screen ,then why lenevo is denying warranty support for Cosmetic issues/Damages.i will just never again buy a LENEVO product again .they will not provide support for LCD screen of anything they sell.

customer care is told that it will cost rs 11,000 for repairing 15" screen.is it correct ? i searched and i found this *www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/IBM-Lenovo/ESSENTIAL~G505S~59380146/ .the cost of the screen is $59.99 USD .what it will cost here ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: lenevo not repairing Laptop LCD screen

Rs 11,000 is too much. I once replaced a screen of a 15" laptop for a friend. Don't remember the exact amount but I guess it was about Rs 3500.

Contact a local computer shop.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Yes, it will cost around 3500 to get it done from a local shop. Just make sure you get it done in front of you

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Yes, it will cost around 3500 to get it done from a local shop. Just make sure you get it done in front of you

Yup. That is because local shopkeeper can change other parts. Usually to change the display they don't require to open the back panel. Just make sure they know you are not a noob and know your stuff.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

A noob or whatever, get it done in front of you. You'll never get to know what wrong they did, with a blink of an eye.

They changed a laptop's display in front of me and i couldn't know. :|

It wasn't exactly done in front of me, but not too far.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone

what about the warranty status ? it is still in warranty. lenevo is not going to repair under warranty and asking me to go for paid repair.

^^ Bash them with threat mail of going to consumer court (just bluff)...
I done it once, and it worked fine for me

ritvij

rated R

Can you please post a pic as to what exactly is the problem? Lenovo can't deny you your warranty as long as it is a hardware fault!

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone

the screenshot at BIOS screen
*i.imgur.com/e0PDSJvl.jpg. first it started at a upper left corner.the screen glass is okay except this problem.

ritvij

rated R

this is not cosmetic damage. The LCD has cracked from the inside. Did lenovo provide you any accidental warranty? if yes, they are bound to honor it. else, you are on your own mate!

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone

i bought it from flipkart ,so i don't know if there is accidental warranty or not.also if i repair it from non lenevo service ,didn't warranty be void.
it was a black spot at a corner like this *i.imgur.com/VvRoKpPl.jpg .

then i gone to lenevo service ,they opened it and said that it will cost rs 11,000 .after coming home i saw the half of the screen was affected like the previous image.

Gollum

Collector

i bought it from flipkart ,so i don't know if there is accidental warranty or not.also if i repair it from non lenevo service ,didn't warranty be void.
it was a black spot at a corner like this *i.imgur.com/VvRoKpPl.jpg .

then i gone to lenevo service ,they opened it and said that it will cost rs 11,000 .after coming home i saw the half of the screen was affected like the previous image.

This is physical damage. if it was not you, someone dropped your laptop.
The screen's outer surface is a flexible plastic sheet and behind it is a delicate glass.
If the screen is off, You will not be able to determine if the screen is ok or not.
Its only when you power ON the PC, you will notice the damage.

Forget Lenovo, no manufacturer will support repair in this scenario unless you have accidental Damage Protection like you get with HP laptops.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies

get screen changed mate , same was happened to screen of my laptop ..I got it changed for 3300 bucks a year ago still it is working fine

$hadow

Geek in making

Mine friend got his screen fixed for 3.4k from a local shop.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone

i was just asking if i repair it from local repair shop then will that void the rest warranty.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
generally speaking, yes, that will void the warranty.

but, if there ar no seals, ie, if it cant be detected later on that the top lid was taken apart, then it wont.
try to get an original lenovo display. using others will void warranty immidiately.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
just paid a visit to the service center(patna) ;they said it it will cost rs 5500 including service charge (service center at bhopal said it rs 11,000) and said they have to order the screen.i thought to check with other local service they said it will cost rs 4400 including service charge with a LG LCD panel which was available at that time.
which is a better option ? does lenevo service center install a lenevo screen panel or both are the same panel?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is better to go with Lenovo official service centre in this case as the difference in asking price is not much.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
repaired with lenevo service but they send me to a different center which is not on lenevo site.at first i was hesitent to do it but they were hanging the "lenevo entrusted service center" certificate. i really need it to be repaired ASAP so just gone with that. they said this panel has 3 months warranty.

Top Bottom