Lenovo Announces Yoga Tablets With Built-in Kickstands

quagmire

Allllright !
Specifications:

Yoga Tablet 8

1.2Ghz quad-core MediaTek 8125 (Cortex A7)
HD display (1280x800)
1GB RAM
6,000 mAh battery
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
16GB of storage plus a MicroSD card slot
5MP rear camera
Price : $249

Yoga Tablet 10

1.2Ghz quad-core MediaTek 8125 (Cortex A7)
HD display (1280x800)
1GB RAM
9,000 mAh battery
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
16GB of storage plus a MicroSD card slot
5MP rear camera
Price : $299

*cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nexusae0_Yoga-Tablet-Stand-Mode_thumb1.jpg

*cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nexusae0_Yoga-Tablet-Tilt-Mode_thumb.jpg

Tablets are in a bit of a rut as far as form factors go. Aside from ASUS' Transformer models and imitators, they're basically all monolithic slates with very little in the way of variation. Lenovo is trying to buck that trend with its new Yoga tablet line, which borrows the name from the company's flexible and well-received convertible laptops. These tablets feature an exaggerated curve on one side of the case (sort of like a more pronounced version of the Notion Ink Adam). The tablet hits retailers tomorrow in 8 and 10-inch versions.

The curve has multiple functions, according to Lenovo: it works as a handy reversible grip in portrait mode and props up the tablet when it's lying flat. But the most interesting feature is that it hides a tiny roll-out kickstand, which can hold the tablet up at a slightly higher angle when flat or like a picture frame or monitor when upright. I love me some kickstands and wish that more manufacturers would integrate them into case designs, so you can color me intrigued. The fact that the Yoga will be offered in an 8-inch version - my tablet "sweet spot" - doesn't hurt.

Unfortunately the internal specifications leave a lot to be desired. Both the 8-inch and 10-inch tablets use a lackluster 1280x800 resolution, and the power plant is a 1.2Ghz quad-core MediaTek 8125 based on the Cortex A7 architecture paired to just 1GB of RAM. That might not be enough to reliably run Android 4.2 and Lenovo's software enhancements. 16GB of storage plus a MicroSD card slot, a 5MP rear camera, and USB on-the-go (which can charge your smartphone from the tablet battery) round out the internals. The batteries are pretty big at 6000mAh and 9000mAh, respectively, which Lenovo quotes at up to 18 hours. Dual front-facing Dolby-certified speakers are a nice touch.

Pricing isn't all that competitive, either, considering the last-generation hardware. The 8-inch Yoga Tablet will run you $249 from either Best Buy or Lenovo's website, while the 10-inch version bumps up its price to $299. The larger tablet will be available from most major American retailers. If you're in the market for a matching keyboard, Lenovo will be happy to sell you one for a pricey $69, and other first-party accessories will also be available. Those are high premiums to pay for a non-traditional form factor - I can't help but think that Qualcomm internals and 1080p screens would go a long way towards making them more palatable.

-Source, Source

Performance should be similar to this.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The drawback is that of 1GB RAM,why can't LENOVO provide 2GB RAM?
It makes the functioning of Tabs a feather like experience,within the same budget.

$hadow

Geek in making
The drawback is that of 1GB RAM,why can't LENOVO provide 2GB RAM?
It makes the functioning of Tabs a feather like experience,within the same budget.

Who knows they may provide ultrabay for adding more ram in tablet:-D. They are known for taking the initiative.

Top Bottom