leds vs lcds

awesum

Right off the assembly line
i know that lcds can be either glossy or matte .
but are leds alwayz supposed to be glossy because my friend got 1 and it is glossy.Or can they also be matte .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
glossy/matte doesn't depend on the type of backlight.

my colleague in office is using T410 which has LED backlit and matte screen.

It's just that manufactuers are more interested in bringing out glossy displays.

OP
A

awesum

glossy/matte doesn't depend on the type of backlight.

my colleague in office is using T410 which has LED backlit and matte screen.

It's just that manufactuers are more interested in bringing out glossy displays.

ohh thanks , so can u recommend what to buy 22inch lcd or led my budget is 9k-10k.........or should i even consider 19inch ?...
i hav gpu- 9800GT NVIDIA
PROC -E5200 @2.5GHz
RAM -2GB

Priorities.:watching brrips, gaming(new releases), reading and surfing , ps, maya, etc...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
All LED's are LCD's, stated it at least 100 times here. Anyway, a LED Backlit monitor will definitely give you more accurate color and contrast ratio should be good too. So it depends on you but always keep in mind that all LED's are LCD.
Thanks and Regards.

OP
A

awesum

All LED's are LCD's, stated it at least 100 times here. Anyway, a LED Backlit monitor will definitely give you more accurate color and contrast ratio should be good too. So it depends on you but always keep in mind that all LED's are LCD.
Thanks and Regards.

thnx a lot dude!...nw i am kinda clear with the concept ..:D

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Dell ST2220L for 8.7k - 22"
Samsung P2350 - 10.5k - 24"

But you won't be able to game at high settings.

Either get a smaller display (Benq G920HD for 6.5k) or upgrade your PC (in the near future).

OP
A

awesum

Dell ST2220L for 8.7k - 22"
Samsung P2350 - 10.5k - 24"

But you won't be able to game at high settings.

Either get a smaller display (Benq G920HD for 6.5k) or upgrade your PC (in the near future).

will it be ok if i upgrade my processor to E7500 core2duo???Because for core i series i will have to change my motherboard :(

OP
A

awesum

i am geting Dell ST2220L so do you think games like fifa 11 and assasins creed 2 would work on medium settings with my current config????Or i wont be able to play these games at all, i currently play these games on my 15inch crt

hey and btw, dell s2220l is matte right?

Last edited:

logicsync

i am geting Dell ST2220L so do you think games like fifa 11 and assasins creed 2 would work on medium settings with my current config????Or i wont be able to play these games at all, i currently play these games on my 15inch crt

hey and btw, dell s2220l is matte right?

Desktop monitors are matte. Lappys are made glossy because they use inferior Displays to cut down on costs. Making laptops glossy makes more light bounce off the screen and that makes colours look brighter. I have an ASUS VW192T (19 inch) bought nearly 3 years ago and has awesome display quality. My roommate has a 15" lappy but he prefers to watch movies on desktop only :). Anyways Dell ST2220L looks like a very good display and I would definitely recommend it. It's priced brilliantly and has good reviews. And yes, don't go above 21 inch as I suspect your graphics card may not be able to pump out such huge frame rates. Other companies to look out for are AOC and ASUS. All the best.

*tech2.in.com/india/reviews/monitors/dell-st2220l-stealing-every-other-monitors-thunder/156622/0

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@awesum, You could play those games at HIGH settings, I played them on High with same GPU, same RAM and C2D 1.86 GHz, so why not you. Yea, that Monitor is Matte.
@logicsync, Nope, my Monitor is Glossy, it's a Dell SP2208WFP. I like it very much except it's Glossy...

Top Bottom