LED TV vs LED Monitor

navin_dhir

Right off the assembly line
After lot of researching, I am still confused whether I should go for TV (already own one).
Purpose:
I want monitor or tv basically for work purpose that is email, browsing etc.
But, I am thinking of TV is because within some time if my PC crashes again, I will go for Laptop or ultrabook.
So, I will make my display work as TV forever further.
I already have a personal laptop, pc is for generic use at home.
Since all Full HD (1920 x 1080) monitors cost 3 or 4 K bugs lesser than Full HD Led TV, so i was confused of whether TV is better.
Display i want is maximum of 22 inches.

what i have learnt is that cons of using tv can be low resolution causing problem with text reading, eye strain, low response time (i am not a hard core gamer)
My primary purpose of display is work so i dont want eye strain as display will be close.
But still Full HD TV will cause an isssue of text and all?
In case of Monitor, thinking of Dell ST2220L or AOC and in case of TV, Samsung 22es5000 or Philips 22PFL4556.
Please suggest.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Samsung 22ES5000 is a full HD So resolution is not a problem get this since it will work as both monitor and TV.

jp7153

Broken In
so which tv did u buy,did it serve the purpose? I had brought Philips 22PFL4556 which was a mistake....
1)it made my eyes burn :evil:
2)if i reduce the brightness,nothing was clearly visible,everything looked dark
3)hdmi,usb etc etc lined up so close to each other that its very difficult to connect the wires sometimes :cool:
4)no 3.5mm audio out
5)usb movie wont support all media formats
6)movies played through usb is very unnatural and too much of sharpness
so i sold the tv for half the price within two months :cry:
so let me know if u brought the samsung model,i'm planning now to buy that one
waiting for your reply,thank you :wink:

Top Bottom