LED lighting inside the cabinet.

If you fear your creation will cause damage, them do more research before building one. And as kartechnology has mentioned, your psu will shut it down itself.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Same fear here also.

your psu will have inbuilt short circuit protection, believe me, i wantedly shorted my usb port with a har-pin and then it shut down instantly(+5v and gnd were shorted) and it didnt turn on, i removed the power plug(on the wall/ack of psu)(switching the switch off and on on the back wont work)
and it powered up...
you know the feeling when it power down...scary but everything okay as it was my 1st time that too with a brand new corsair cx430v2

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
SO guys i still haven't got down to the LED inside the cabinet. Went out to buy LED's they werent giving less than 5 mtr n also the quality i wasnt sure of. Maybe will give it a try on d coming weekend and if it works out well then fine otherwise will buy the nzxt hue. :/. I'm just worried about the quality of the LED strips. :/

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
SO guys i still haven't got down to the LED inside the cabinet. Went out to buy LED's they werent giving less than 5 mtr n also the quality i wasnt sure of. Maybe will give it a try on d coming weekend and if it works out well then fine otherwise will buy the nzxt hue. :/. I'm just worried about the quality of the LED strips. :/

go to a automobile shop... dont fear about quality, as they are ok....you will not be mesing with that again and again, right?

aniket.cain

Padawan

Why don't you get it from eBay? I had purchased this one:

5M 5 Meter LED SMD Strip Light Warm White Blue Green RED 3528 60 LED Meter | eBay

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Are the ebay ones good enough? I was getting 5 mtr for 100rs. So this is much more viable option.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have bought a BLUE LED Strip from ebay and got it soldered to a 4 pin MOLEX connector but the guy who have done it do not know which is + or - values on the LED strip.So if I connect it to my PSU will it damage it in any way?

I have bought a BLUE LED Strip from ebay and got it soldered to a 4 pin MOLEX connector but the guy who have done it do not know which is + or - values on the LED strip.So if I connect it to my PSU will it damage it in any way?

Molex male (on the LED strip) can be attached only one way in molex female (in PSU), so there's no thinking of which terminal is positive and which is negative.

hanuman.rajpurohit

Right off the assembly line
Antec has cabinet cooling fans... check out antec accent lighting
They even have 120mm LED red and blue fans
Available in market... Abacus Peripherals is the national distributors for Antec range of products in INDIA

nikita

New to this forum
You can try Antec Accent Lighting. It is a 51inch long strip that has 6 led lights and works on usb port. It has adhesive on the backside. You can place it on the back or on the top side and connect it to the usb port. Second option you can try is fan with led lighting in it. But they will be more costly. LED Strips are more cheaper.

Top Bottom