League of Legends

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hello fellow gamers. I'm just curious as to how many of you play League of Legends. It's probably one of the best RTT (Real Time Tactics) games I've seen. It's based on the venerable DOTA mod for Warcraft 3. A single match will take anywhere between 30 mins to 1.5 hours to finish. The primary game modes feature 3vs3 or 5vs5 (my personal favourite) combat. You can also play co-op against bots , good for trying out new Champions.

Here's a video that should explain what the game is all about :

League of Legends Gameplay Explained

If you're feeling lazy to watch the above video (I strongly recommend that you do), there's always wikipedia for a free description :
:League of Legends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Screenshots :

*riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/site/screenshot_3.jpg

*riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/site/screenshot_6.jpg

*mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/league-of-legends-overview/league-of-legends-glow.jpg

*mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/league-of-legends-overview/league-of-legends-boots.jpg

Gameplay:

Players are formed into 2 even teams with 1–5 Champion(s) on each team. Each team starts at opposing sides of a map, near what is called a "Nexus". A match is won when either the opposing team's Nexus is destroyed or the other team surrenders. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of towers called "Turrets". Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred to as a "Lane".

Along the way, each player must gain levels from killing the opposing team's champions and "Minions" (small NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters (some of which grant buffs known as crests upon death). Killing enemies allows champions to purchase "Items" with in-match gold to improve their statistics. In League of Legends, each player starts at level 1 at the beginning of the match and can obtain the maximum of level 18 with their champion, leveling 4 different champion-specific abilities.[/SPOILER]

The game is free to play , and yes..it's not lag dependent because it's more of a Real-Time Tactics game. No twitch based gaming here. You can download the game for free here :

League of Legends - Free Online Game | LoL - League of Legends

I look forward to seeing you in-game. My ID is IKillLadyHawks (yeah, its a weird name, I never intended to seriously keep playing the game but got sucked into it)

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ oh yeah..have seen the tailor & very much impressed by it...
But in the above posted screenshot...graphics is dull...WoW III graphics is far better than this

thejunglegod

Journeyman
Is there an active league of legends community here? Or at least some people who play the game so I can team up with them!? I'm a rank 30 player having a torrid torrid time in bronze 4 ranked and unable to move up due to teams that are either trolling or afks. Not saying that I'm good, but I'm atleast usually amongst the better guys in the team. Do reply. I'd really like to just team up with some people who'd like to advance their tier.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Re: League of legends community

If you are in NA server, u got me for your company. Let me know your play time and id. I am trying to push from B3. Was in B1 and as u said, trolls and morons are pulling me backwards.

thejunglegod

Journeyman

If you are in NA server, u got me for your company. Let me know your play time and id. I am trying to push from B3. Was in B1 and as u said, trolls and morons are pulling me backwards.

Yep, I'm from the NA server as well. I usually play from 8pm to around 12pm, by that includes a dinner break. My id is thejunglegod and my summoner name is Hippodotamus. Do let me know yours as well. we'll team up and try getting out of this hellhole called bronze.

thejunglegod

Journeyman

Yep, I'm from the NA server as well. I usually play from 8pm to around midnight , and that includes a dinner break. My id is thejunglegod and my summoner name is Hippodotamus. Do let me know yours as well. we'll team up and try getting out of this hellhole called bronze.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Yep, I'm from the NA server as well. I usually play from 8pm to around 12pm, by that includes a dinner break. My id is thejunglegod and my summoner name is Hippodotamus. Do let me know yours as well. we'll team up and try getting out of this hellhole called bronze.

My summoner name is blackhawkric.

I play at that time as well :) so we can team up from today.. BTW, I am good with any role but hate playing support for the simple reason that even a noob adc starts blaming the support if he/she sucks.

I am a pro jungler and ADC.

I lolkinged you.. looks like u are a good support :) will be very useful while on duo

thejunglegod

Journeyman

Yeah I'm good as support but probably the reason why I can't progress since support can only do as much. I can go any role too, though as you would've seen, not really that experienced in jungling. We'd make a very good team then eh? Let's start from tonight then. 8pm :)

ganeshnokiae63

Hardcore Gamer

offtopic:
there is always a fight Between Dota 2 and LOL players:mallet:
and is this created for that??:chinscratch:

rapusa

Journeyman

I am not playing LOL but I wants to play it. Anyone can tell me how to install this game properly or can provide me installation files from your system. My game launcher always stuck at update(already tried all suggestion given on official game forums). Some of my friends from game(Atlantica Online) migrated to LOL but they can't share big game files so I am stuck.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Yeah I'm good as support but probably the reason why I can't progress since support can only do as much. I can go any role too, though as you would've seen, not really that experienced in jungling. We'd make a very good team then eh? Let's start from tonight then. 8pm :)

Roger that...

I am not playing LOL but I wants to play it. Anyone can tell me how to install this game properly or can provide me installation files from your system. My game launcher always stuck at update(already tried all suggestion given on official game forums). Some of my friends from game(Atlantica Online) migrated to LOL but they can't share big game files so I am stuck.

I would say clean install the game by uninstalling every trace of LOL from the pc and then download the game afresh from the LOL website.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I play lol in the garena server, im at bronze 2 (not playing ranked anymore 15 wins)..
Do meet me in game .. garena server has awesome pings (under 120 most of the time)
My garena id is xXNerevarineXx
Trust me guys, move to garena server, i used to play in the EU server but after seeing what Garena has to offer.. im never going back..
You get 2 free champs (Ammumu and Master Yi), 1 Rune page, a shitload of free XP and IP boost - REGULARLY, 1 free skin for a champ of your choice (choice out of 4)..
You can easily get to level 30 in under 1 month using all the free XP boosts
PS: I play as solotop or mid mostly..

Last edited:

rapusa

Journeyman

I would say clean install the game by uninstalling every trace of LOL from the pc and then download the game afresh from the LOL website.

I did that already, clean install from scratch but nothing work. Game launcher always stops at updating patch files. Only solution that I didn't try so far is getting game installed files directly as files are too big for someone to share on Net.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I did that already, clean install from scratch but nothing work. Game launcher always stops at updating patch files. Only solution that I didn't try so far is getting game installed files directly as files are too big for someone to share on Net.

Get the garena client.. just direct download and unzip.. simple as that
Link

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

@thejunglegod - BTW, if u have a skype then it becomes much easier on gameplay and I am sure we can improve our gaming skills and communicate better on voice chat.

Anyways we shall catch up today after 8.

rapusa

Journeyman

Get the garena client.. just direct download and unzip.. simple as that
Link

Thanks for link. I will try this but is it possible to use this client to play with NA LOL servers from riot ?
My friends play in NA servers so I prefer to play there if possible.

Edit: Ok after looking on garena and riot forums I got my answer.
Now I have to pick between high ping NA servers with friends vs low ping SEA servers:meditate:

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Nope :( too bad.. garena client is singapore only.
Id say ask them to join singapore server also, good pings mean a lot more fun gameplay

Top Bottom