League of Legends

rapusa

Journeyman
Re: League of legends community

Unlocked tristina hero and she really reminds me of Sniper from dota 2 :-D

BTW is there any escape item in LOL like shadow blade or force staff ? and any item that can transfer spell damage back to attacker like blade mails ?(I found one item that can transfer % of normal atk dmg back but not spell dmg)

For those who facing huge load time during match start time in XP sp2/3: Uninstall Adobe air .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

BTW is there any escape item in LOL like shadow blade or force staff ? and any item that can transfer spell damage back to attacker like blade mails ?(I found one item that can transfer % of normal atk dmg back but not spell dmg)

For those who facing huge load time during match start time in XP sp2/3: Uninstall Adobe air .

Hope u have played the easier champs like caitlyn (adc)/ Warwick (jungler) / Soraka (support) to get the hang of the game.

you can even try yi as they are easy to play.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Man, did you know you could have got tristana for free if you linked your FB account to your LoL Id.. That way you could even get a skin for free (Riot Girl Tristana)

Also You can get either yi/ashe/ryze and a skin of your choice for them and Ammumu champion for free via Newbie rewards in garena.. so make sure you dont waste IP on them

rapusa

Journeyman

So far played with Ashe,Tristana and Garen.
Next caitlyn/warwick and akali.:cool:

thejunglegod

Journeyman

Nope, no escape items . LOL has summoner spells instead, namely Flash and Ghost. There are many support items like Shurelyas which gives you temporary speed and Locket of the Iron Solari which gives you a temp shield, but as I said, these are support items and not purchased by any carry or bruiser.
Also, Tristana might be similar but is totally different from Sniper if you build AP on her. Caitlyn has an ultimate which is very very similar to that of Sniper's.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Nope, no escape items . LOL has summoner spells instead, namely Flash and Ghost. There are many support items like Shurelyas which gives you temporary speed and Locket of the Iron Solari which gives you a temp shield, but as I said, these are support items and not purchased by any carry or bruiser.
Also, Tristana might be similar but is totally different from Sniper if you build AP on her. Caitlyn has an ultimate which is very very similar to that of Sniper's.

Hey dude.. are you on LOL these days?? i guess we need to game togather more often :p..

thejunglegod

Journeyman

I was waiting for you to get back from your vacation. I already got my headset ready. But I want be free tonight. How about tomorrow?

rapusa

Journeyman

Tristana and caitlyn got Sniper skills divided between them :)
What about item that can transfer spell dmg back to attacker ? I noticed LOL is all about spamming skills thanks to low CD.
I found some Items that can even raise your dmg after casting spell. some passive skills named Spell bound ..

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Physical damage - The damage you deal from autoattacks and select champion skills whose damage is marked by "orange" number.. Blocked by Armor, scales with Attack Damage ("Orange") damage, Armor penetration grants fixed percentage bonus towards physical damage
Magic damage - The damage you deal from abilities.. marked by "Green" damage.. Blocked by Magic Resist and Scales with Ability Power ("Green Damage").. Magic Penetration grants fixed bonus towards Magic Damage
True damage - Unblockable and very few abilities grant this like darius ultimate, Master Yi e, Irelia etc.. It does not scale with anything
An example of AD champ is caitlyn, her damage combo mostly relies on her hitting via the auto attack to deal most of the damage..
Whereas AP champ like Lux, her damage combo mostly relies on Spamming abilities and then waiting for cooldown..
Its a very different playstyle.. so decide before you jump in
PS: Most AP carries go mid lane, AD carries go bot lane along with a support (usually AP as well).. But this isnt compulsory.. AD can also go mid and pwn shiit (like caitlyn mid etc)..

Since you are new to LoL.. id suggest you try AP champ like Katarina, lux etc .. They are much easier to play than ADC for newbies as you wont be a constant target by the enemy team
Atleast watch the champion spotlight before trying something new :)

Hey dude.. are you on LOL these days?? i guess we need to game togather more often :p..

You my friend need to join Garena league :).. Just download and install it beside your current NA League... Play some arams together ? :p

rapusa

Journeyman

Since you are new to LoL.. id suggest you try AP champ like Katarina, lux etc .. They are much easier to play than ADC for newbies as you wont be a constant target by the enemy team
Atleast watch the champion spotlight before trying something new :)
Caitlyn on top my list to try once I get enough IP but I am interested in poppy now after looking at her skill :shock:
btw how Muramana item works ? its passive(2% max mana dmg) and active toggle (6% current mana dmg) both work together or passive will stop working ?
and where I can watch champion spotlight ? LOL should add observe feature to watch live matches like Dota 2.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Caitlyn on top my list to try once I get enough IP but I am interested in poppy now after looking at her skill :shock:
btw how Muramana item works ? its passive(2% max mana dmg) and active toggle (6% current mana dmg) both work together or passive will stop working ?
and where I can watch champion spotlight ? LOL should add observe feature to watch live matches like Dota 2.

muramana is an excellent item for heavy mana using champions.. like khazix.. After you have filled 1000 stacks on it, itll tranform from manamune to muramana.. Then you may toggle it to deal additional damage at the cost of mana
To answer your question, passive will stop working but then again 6% of 1500 = 90 extra AP damage per hit.. thats still a great amount of damage id say

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

You my friend need to join Garena league :).. Just download and install it beside your current NA League... Play some arams together ? :p

Yeah I shall join.. but I will have to start afresh.. all my investments are on NA.. Dont u think 20K (so far on RP) is too much to lose?

rapusa

Journeyman

Then you may toggle it to deal additional damage at the cost of mana
To answer your question, passive will stop working but then again 6% of 1500 = 90 extra AP damage per hit.. thats still a great amount of damage id say
In item info it says AD not AP dmg. Even with its toggle it consume 3% mana to get 6% dmg but not reliable for long fight as you end up draining mana fast. Without passive its not worthy item. Even LOLwiki not clear about this item:reading: Checked all wiki sites yet none says anything about passive with toggle.
Yeah I shall join.. but I will have to start afresh.. all my investments are on NA.. Dont u think 20K (so far on RP) is too much to lose?
No need to lose anything. just start garena LOL too. You can unlock your fav hero in garena. when garena friends online play in garena client :wink:
I will start NA LOL too if I ever manage to install it :)
Had great match last night. almost lost it but with good team work we won.Though match making was bad. Why match me (lvl 11) with lvl 30 players?:evil: thanks to my team mates we keep defending and when we get chance destroyed their mid lane and all towers upto base. In the end both teams base were left but one of team mate sneak out while we defending and destroyed their base lol :-D

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

No need to lose anything. just start garena LOL too. You can unlock your fav hero in garena. when garena friends online play in garena client :wink:
I am not saying that i lose my stuff by starting to play another server. But do u think I should stop playing NA just to play on garena which is a fresh start - both IP, XP and the wait till i get to build my rune pages and play the ranked games ultimately.

It atleast takes couple of months to get to 30 and customize my runes if i play continuosly (leaving aside my main account on NA) as each game fairs about 40 min (5vs5) of our time on an average

And playing 2 rounds continuosly (specially if u have to carry a noob team) on 5vs5 wud drain you so much and so playing another on NA server is a bigger task.

Simply, its not worth. Unless i get my main account locked i wont be thinking of playing another account.

rock2702

Padawan

How do we log in to lol using garena? I have a NA lol id in which I log in using the lol client.As my net is poor, I get 300+ pings which makes the game pretty laggy though playable.I play dota on garena and would like to try lol via garena as well.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Had great match last night. almost lost it but with good team work we won.Though match making was bad. Why match me (lvl 11) with lvl 30 players?:evil: thanks to my team mates we keep defending and when we get chance destroyed their mid lane and all towers upto base. In the end both teams base were left but one of team mate sneak out while we defending and destroyed their base lol :-D

Its one of the common strategies that work in normal games where the strategists are on a pretty lower side unless you are playing with/against lvl 30 seasoned players. Its called backdooring. But in ranked games with some good experienced players, backdooring can happen just to push turrets and taking the base by backdooring is very very rare coz its a child strategy :)

play on brother.. u will see more tight games and better competed games.

rapusa

Journeyman

*imageshack.com/scaled/800x600/191/95g5.jpg

My core Amumu item build concentrated on his toggle skill. But I am confused about use of Rylai's and Liandry's Torment. Their passive work together with Amumu's toggle skill " Despair " ? I can see Rylai's slow effect on creeps but unable to check on champions and its slow considered as movement impaired for Torment skill or not ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

According to League wiki
Rylai's Crystal Scepter will slow champions on-spell-hit but the slow only lasts 1.5 seconds while the DoT occurs over 3 seconds, so only first half of DoT will be doubled.

Played a game with rapusa, twas fun :p
My scorecard
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/gamerz/12267d1380129397-league-legends-community-normals.jpg

Attachments

• normals.jpg
    normals.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 113

rapusa

Journeyman

According to League wiki
Rylai's Crystal Scepter will slow champions on-spell-hit but the slow only lasts 1.5 seconds while the DoT occurs over 3 seconds, so only first half of DoT will be doubled.
Amumu's despair skill hit every second so scepter activate every second too. So it should work together ?

Top Bottom