League of Legends

rapusa

Journeyman
Re: League of legends community

Nope :( too bad.. garena client is singapore only.
Id say ask them to join singapore server also, good pings mean a lot more fun gameplay

They live in or near NA so no point in asking lol
Riot client is not working for me anyway so I probably end up playing on garena if it works :pray:

BTW after looking at screenshots of LOL and HoN , I can say their graphics looks bit old and dark compared to Dota 2.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

They live in or near NA so no point in asking lol
Riot client is not working for me anyway so I probably end up playing on garena if it works :pray:

BTW after looking at screenshots of LOL and HoN , I can say their graphics looks bit old and dark compared to Dota 2.

Dont expect much of a graphics here but they have certainly improved over the ages.. Also the game is fun compared to the rather stingy and timing based Dota series. The use of bushes in LOL makes it more strategic on the gameplay side and no denying compared to Dota makes the game less punishing and noob friendly.

Having said so, anything below 300ms ping is great and what difference does it make when you dont have a lag at all playing at 300ms or at 10ms.

So if u have a good service provider, NA server is fun enough.

rapusa

Journeyman

When I started dota 2 , my ping was 300ms~ in NA side servers but in SEA servers my pings are 120-150ms and I don't see much difference yet. I just pick SEA now to stay on safe side but I can play on NA without any problem.
I guess same for LOL . I prefer to play in NA server if possible just to stay with my friends .

Nerevarine

Incarnate

When I started dota 2 , my ping was 300ms~ in NA side servers but in SEA servers my pings are 120-150ms and I don't see much difference yet. I just pick SEA now to stay on safe side but I can play on NA without any problem.
I guess same for LOL . I prefer to play in NA server if possible just to stay with my friends .

NO dude, I used to think the same.. but when I moved on to garena, it really made a difference..Last hitting was so much easier and every move command registered as soon as I click.. earlier it used to be delayed slightly..
You will realise the difference when you start playing and compare them side by side..
(Install Garena separately)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Dont expect much of a graphics here but they have certainly improved over the ages.. Also the game is fun compared to the rather stingy and timing based Dota series. The use of bushes in LOL makes it more strategic on the gameplay side and no denying compared to Dota makes the game less punishing and noob friendly.

Having said so, anything below 300ms ping is great and what difference does it make when you dont have a lag at all playing at 300ms or at 10ms.

So if u have a good service provider, NA server is fun enough.

Well, Dota 2 is very noob friendly unlike the original Dota.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Well, Dota 2 is very noob friendly unlike the original Dota.

his point is, dota is more punishing and depends more on good timing than league..
League is about low CD spells and properly avoiding them via fast paced gameplay
Both are good in their own way..

thejunglegod

Journeyman

@thejunglegod - BTW, if u have a skype then it becomes much easier on gameplay and I am sure we can improve our gaming skills and communicate better on voice chat.

Anyways we shall catch up today after 8.

I do have skype but my stupid headset is not working and have to get a new one. So maybe in a week's time we can skype. TIll then i guess it's basic chat and pings.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

his point is, dota is more punishing and depends more on good timing than league..
League is about low CD spells and properly avoiding them via fast paced gameplay
Both are good in their own way..

this....

I thought I made it clear but I guess I dint :(

Anyways thanks for helping me convey the thought.. :)

rapusa

Journeyman

My garena LOL client download will be completed soon ..Hope it works :-?

We can use all heroes in garena LOL just like riot LOL ? or there is any limit ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Its the very same game, running the very same engine, having the very same restrctions.. Even the ingame currency is same (IP and RP), but in garena, they are usually more lenient as Garena shells ratio is unaffected when buying Rupee to USD ..add me .. im xXNerevarineXx
Also one thing to note, there are twice as much free champs per week in garena ;)..

PS: did anyone see the pool party skins :p ?

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Its the very same game, running the very same engine, having the very same restrctions.. Even the ingame currency is same (IP and RP), but in garena, they are usually more lenient as Garena shells ratio is unaffected when buying Rupee to USD ..add me .. im xXNerevarineXx
Also one thing to note, there are twice as much free champs per week in garena ;)..

PS: did anyone see the pool party skins :p ?
lee sin skin was appealing unlike the others.. Graves was utter disappointment among the lot..

:)

thejunglegod

Journeyman

lee sin skin was appealing unlike the others.. Graves was utter disappointment among the lot..

:)

Yeah, and the Leona skin could've had so much potential. All they did was change the recall animation, which is epic btw. However, for 975rp, Riot's been very lazy.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Yeah, and the Leona skin could've had so much potential. All they did was change the recall animation, which is epic btw. However, for 975rp, Riot's been very lazy.

These days 975RP isnt any serious affair for Riot. Its only the 1350 (moderately fine) and 1850 are any close to a fresh look with anim and sound track changes. Also, I think ez's "theme" is no more awesome compared to the legendary skins of Noc or Cho

BTW, how much money have you spent on Riot (free game) so far and what are the skins you own for which champ??

I guess i have spent close to 10K already in all these years and have a decent list of skins on various champs

thejunglegod

Journeyman

ROFL, I've not put in a single rupee so far, though I think I need to buy atleast some decent champs. Am looking to get a bundle, some rune pages and some runes. I've never been a skin person so I don't think I'll invest in skins.

And 10k,omg,that's a lot, but I guess I should keep shut since I must've easily put in 25k or more in WOW.

anaklusmos

Youngling

I play lol in the garena server, im at bronze 2 (not playing ranked anymore 15 wins)..
Do meet me in game .. garena server has awesome pings (under 120 most of the time)
My garena id is xXNerevarineXx
Trust me guys, move to garena server, i used to play in the EU server but after seeing what Garena has to offer.. im never going back..
You get 2 free champs (Ammumu and Master Yi), 1 Rune page, a shitload of free XP and IP boost - REGULARLY, 1 free skin for a champ of your choice (choice out of 4)..
You can easily get to level 30 in under 1 month using all the free XP boosts
PS: I play as solotop or mid mostly..

I went to the LoL garena website, but couldnt find any solid info on how to connect to those servers.
currently i play on NA, can u please explain:
1. what is this garena server
2. is it different from pvp.net servers
3. how to configure my lol client to connect to it
4. will my NA account be available on these servers

rapusa

Journeyman

Garena is like steam and LOL client of garena is not same as international LOL . Its servers are in Singapore or close to it.
So can't share any stuff between these clients/servers.

BTW I am getting 450~ ping in garena LOL , not playable at all.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

^Are you kidding ? what ISP do you have.. I get 90 -120 most of the time, Even BSNL has under 200 ping in garena server.. :|

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Bumpity bump ? Any updates guys ?

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-vujSKR3sMH0/UhSFOQTWibI/AAAAAAAAARk/NdVyTBTug2w/s1600/LeeSin_Splash_5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom