LCD TV Buying Guidance

Adibaba

Broken In
Guys buying my 1st lcd tv so plz bear with me,bit confused with the hoopla going abt in the market whether to go for LCD or LED.Plz Suggest for the same.And also suggest me some VFM TVs .All suggestions are highly appreciated.
By the way i went to local tv store (new delhi)and i have the following Info
1:LG cs470(42")-Rs 40k(incl. Tatasky HD set top box)
2:Videocon 42" ( 40 inch HD LCD TV VRL40FBM)-Rs 35k(incl. Videocon d2h box)
3:Haier 42"(Product no.113152) -Rs 35k(incl. Videocon d2h box)

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Guys buying my 1st lcd tv so plz bear with me,bit confused with the hoopla going abt in the market whether to go for LCD or LED.Plz Suggest for the same.And also suggest me some VFM TVs .All suggestions are highly appreciated.

First, let me mention the difference between LCD and LED: all LED TVs are LCD, but not all LCD TVs are LED. An LED TV is essentially an LCD TV that uses LED backlighting. Traditional LCD TVs use CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent light) as a backlight source. Generally speaking, the differences you can see from the two backlight sources is enormous. TVs with an LED backlight generally tend to have a wider range of colors, better contrast ratios, and better energy efficiency -- and they are also much more expensive. The good thing, however, is that more and more models now have LED backlighting, so they are getting cheaper to produce. However, CCFL will generally still be much cheaper.

I hope this clears up any confusion about LCD vs. LED!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Minion

Conversation Architect

LED tvs will have more contrast and brightness that is why led tvs provide vibrant images.

what will be your viewing distance?

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Thanks for the info bro but any suggestions for models of LCD( with ccfl ).

That LG 42CS470 you shortlisted is a TV with CCFL. Despite the fact that it uses a CCFL backlight and not an LED backlight, it still uses the same IPS panel as all the other LG TVs. It's an excellent TV that won't put a hole in your wallet! Let me know if you have any questions about this TV.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Top Bottom