LATEST UPDATE: Zone Alarm 7 Free Firewall released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
OK friends. This new version update is NOT indicated by automatic updates of ZoneAlarm. One needs to download the corresponding new version and then install the program. During installation, just click "UPDATE" and proceed.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
rahul_becks23 said:
well , does 7 have new engine too

They have included a new antivirus engine from Kaspersky in Antivirus segment. It includes a new virus database and extended spyware database as well as the industry's only hourly update system.
- There are no changes in ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall engine. They have made changes in GUI though..

well ,thats shi* , they havent upgrated their main thing .......i dont see any other reason to release 7 instead of quick money..........u know .

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Kiran_tech_mania said:
They have included a new antivirus engine from Kaspersky in Antivirus segment. It includes a new virus database and extended spyware database as well as the industry's only hourly update system.
- There are no changes in ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall engine. They have made changes in GUI though..
Kaspersky also provides Hourly Updates.:)

so ZA is second in line

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
s18000rpm said:
Kaspersky also provides Hourly Updates.:)

so ZA is second in line

Okay Boss! I knw that u r a big fan of Kaspersky! ;)
But as I already said ZA has Kaspersky engine means there is no first & second, basically both are same. :)

anandk

Distinguished Member
"The good: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7 includes awarding Kaspersky antivirus and MailFrontier antispam; plays well with other security applications; uninstalls cleanly.

The bad: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7 could provide an antiphishing toolbar; no backup or file recovery feature; no data shredder.

The bottom line: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7 provides the perfect balance between best-of-breed security protection and ease of use, providing the home user with superior protection that's light on system resources."

its the cnet editors choice winning over all other security suites
*reviews.cnet.com/ZoneAlarm_Internet_Security_Suite_7/4505-3667_7-32309439.html?tag=cnetfd.mt

however i dont agree with the light-on-system bit ;-)

shaunak

Tux Fan
I cant install the free firewall on vista.
I am getting an incompatible os message whenever i launch setup then the setup automatically quits.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shaunak said:
I cant install the free firewall on vista.
I am getting an incompatible os message whenever i launch setup then the setup automatically quits.

Ok here is the update...

ZoneAlarm is not yet compatible to Windows Vista as of today.

The Website still says..

Secure your PCs .....
And get 1 year of FREE upgrades, including Vista compatibility when available,
online technical support & real-time Internet threat updates

iinfi

mekalodu
yea it didnt notify me ??? and omg 34 MB for FREE version ??? wonder how much memory it will take while running ...
thanks for the info..

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I find it weird that till now Zonelabs has not released Vista compatible security products.
Vista Compatible products from Zonelabs are ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router and ZoneAlarm Identity Protection Center.

This is what Zonelabs says regarding attaining Vista compatibility...

Delivering Security on Windows Vista™

ZoneAlarm relies upon advanced firewall technologies to offer proactive, preventative security to our customers. While others only scan and remove known threats, ZoneAlarm also stops threats before they reach your computer – including new emerging threats. Our operating system firewall (OSFirewall™) protects your PC down to the core of the operating system, against rootkits and kernel-level attacks.

This robust security requires a deeper level of integration with the operating system than other security solutions. Because Vista is such a major overhaul to the Windows operating system, we are busy in our development efforts to ensure that new Vista-compatible versions of ZoneAlarm will live up to our and your high standards of protection. We anticipate delivering Vista-compatible versions in the coming months after January 2007 (Microsoft’s Vista planned release date). Due to the different needs and functionality of this new operating system, features and functionality on 2000/XP and Vista may differ from our current release.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
umm....better provide a stable application , then a buggy beta

lolz....that was for ZAP, not Vista itself

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
gx_saurav said:
lolz....that was for ZAP, not Vista itself

Dude, I never said that it is Vista itself. The quoted statements from Zonelabs clearly says that. They are in the process of making it compatible to Vista. We might expect it with in this month or by march.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom