LATEST UPDATE: Zone Alarm 7 Free Firewall released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ZoneAlarm 7 Internet Security Suite
Update to the popular firewall

ZoneAlarm 7.0 has been released and is available for download. One of the major improvements for 7.0 is the new AV engine.

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6e433f71fe.jpg

New and improved ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.302.000

• All new antivirus engine from Kaspersky includes a new virus database and extended spyware database as well as the industry's only hourly update system.

• An optional "silent start" mode called auto-learn has been added that detunes the OSFirewall and parts of the network firewall for the first n days (n is variable, default 7) while ZoneAlarm learns the user's unique PC environment. After n days, security reverts to maximum. This dramatically quiets the user experience, while maintaining high security including full stealth mode, Trojan protection, and all signature protection layers.

• Product set-up process has been redesigned and shortened.

• A pre-scan has been added to the start wizard that scans the user's PC for program files, compares programs with ZoneAlarm's SmartDefense Advisor database, and applies policy to said programs, both legitimate and malicious.

• Settings in the Program control panel, Programs tab (Maximum, Auto-learn, Low, Off) have been revamped.

• The UI has been refreshed, with new ZoneAlarm/Check Point branding.

• Anti-spyware has been improved for better discovery and cleaning.

• The spyware update system has been improved for reliability and responsiveness.

:arrow: Download: Zone Alarm 7 Free Firewall Protection
:arrow: Other ZoneAlarm 7 Products update: ZoneAlarm Latest Products

Home Page: ZoneLabs
Update Blog:ZoneLabs Blog

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
also here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41890&highlight=zass+7+zone+alarm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
just upgraded to 7.0.302.000, some touch up given to GUI this time.
*img295.imageshack.us/img295/8616/1la4.th.jpg
& new tray Icon:) .
but still its not Detecting the Kaspersky Internet Security in its "Anti-Virus Monitoring":x

Last edited:
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:
also here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41890&highlight=zass+7+zone+alarm

Yep. That was Beta program under development. Now it is officially released by ZoneAlarm as new version.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Is it a standalone version for ZA Free firewall? or is it complete security suite?
And why my FREE firewall not telling me that new version is available? I tried to update it manually but it didnt detect?

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Vishal Gupta said:
Is it a standalone version for ZA Free firewall? or is it complete security suite?
And why my FREE firewall not telling me that new version is available? I tried to update it manually but it didnt detect?

Version 7.0.302.000 was released to the public on January 15, 2007. It includes updates for ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite including Zone Alarm Firewall Pro. Accordingly Zone Alarm Free version is also updated, which is nothing but the reduced version of Pro.

In your case, it is possible that it has automatically updated. Just check out the version vishal...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
lol, I hv checked it already buddy and thats why I posted it. :)
Its still 6.5.737.000 :(
And also pls provide direct link for ZA FREE Firewall only! ;)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
NO the auto update did not show the new version.

i downloaded the ZAP setup from here ->
*dl2.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1043_zl/zapSetup_70_302_000_en.exe (direct link- 14.5MB)

free one-> free ZA-> *dl2.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1001_cnet_zdnet/zlsSetup_70_302_000_en.exe

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
No dude! :shock: The link was correct. It is a Free Firewall Protection package of 38.1MB.... :confused:
Check out the link *www.zonelabs.com/store/content/com...s&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=zassskulist2_comparison

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
I hv already registered it :D
and it always detected the new version and notified to download it in past. This is the first time that it didnt notify me.

Vyasram

The pWnster
gonna be my permanent security suite.... free upgrade for 6.5 is great, hope other companies too follow this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom