Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Thank you :D !

I yet have to install windows on this, its still packed. Any suggestion for better DDR3 1600-1800 RAM ( 4GB) ? the one I have is 1333 right now and I couldn't buy corsair XMS3 due to budget constrictions :D .. prolly will get it after some 2 months. ill be putting WinXP64Bit OS on this and Win7 in dual boot.

Although what a massive jump from 2.1 Ghz Single core Athlon XP to Q-core 2.6Ghz... :D

and goodbye IDE HDD ! :-|

Last edited:

amogh

Broken In
thanks
but i dont have that much budget for board so give me best value for money for 2000rs - 3000rs for Phenom II X2 550BE without any onboard graphics since having xfx 8600 gt card thanks in advance and memory should support atleast 8gb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Biostar has some 785G mobo which is darn cheap @ only Rs. 3.5-4K.

There is not any mobo available under 4K which does not has on board gfx. They all has onboard gfx :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, 2-3K vanilla mobos does not come with more than 2 RAM slots :p

BTW, that biostar 785G mobo costs Rs. 4.3K so it's better to get biostar 780G based mobo instead :p

geek_iit

Broken In
whats with the sudden upsurge of RAM prices? I am gonna buy a PC tom and the prices that I m getting are 4400 for corsair XMS2 2x2 Gb (non paired)!! :O :(
The paired ones arent even available in kolkata (source: thunder dragon)!! I dont hv much choice of waiting coz I come down in kolkata only once in 8 months or so. If i get it shipped, the prices would be high anyhow! Talk of being stuck! :(

ak24

Broken In
Hi can someone suggest a ASUS MB( with price) compatible with AMD Athlon II X4 620 .. also a video card (with price). will i be able to play all games with that config

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ geek_iit - corsair 800Mhz c5 ram should be Rs. 1.6K per 2Gb stick.
He may be quoting the 800Mhz c4 ram as it performs better and costs more :p

@ ak24 - asus has one 785G based full ATX mobo in that price range. look for it. It's called something like EVO 785G :p

Krow

Crowman
@ak 24 ASUS M4A785GTD-V EVO @ 6.9k
has DDR3 RAM and Crossfire support.
You will be able to play all games with the onboard gfx itself provided you buy 4GB ram.

nads

Broken In
just came across an article about the soon to be released ATi 5870 n its a sweet card for 379$.......... its nearly 40-50% faster than the 4870 n its in the region of Geforce 285 n in some cases 295............ but guys just look at the price.....wow!!!!!! have always been an GeForce fan all my life...... but i guess AMD is getting sweet enough for me at that price point hard to resist........ yum yum..........:oops:

the link to the article...... *www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-hd-5870,review-31685.html

Last edited:

sujitm

Broken In
Powercom 1Kva UPS - 4250/-
Asus Xonar STX - 8424/-
Dell 2209WA - 16000/- shipped to home
Audioengine 5 - 18000/-
Xbox 360 controller for windows - 1200/-

geek_iit

Broken In
Hi Guys

I purchased my PC today.. FINALLY!!! :)
Waited for close to 7 months for this.. coz good config and prices are not available where I live (Bhopal).

I must say that thunder.02 dragon is the most helpful vendor that I have come around. He spent close to 10 hours with me on Gtalk helping me finalize the config! His knowledge regarding the pros and cons of different components is also very good . :)

I compared the prices with the best shops in Chandni and his prices were among the best.

The care with which he assembled the PC was also amazing (for over 4 hours)! I am really impressed with him. A pic of the final assembly is attached, just drool over the cable management! :p

*i36.tinypic.com/2u97hb9.jpg

(See thunder's post below)

Although I bought the PC at the wrong time (some prices were at an all time high), but I am quite satisfied with the pricing given by him compared to the market. The final prices were:

Phenom 2 X4 920 - 8950
Gigabyte MA-78GM-US2H - 4350
WD 512 GB Caviar Green (16 MB) - 2575
VX 550 - 5800
LG DVDRW - 1075
Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 MHz RAM (2x2 GB) - 4275 (unpaired, the paired one was not available in kolkata) - This one was too high! Bad day! :(
Logitech KB - 275
GTX 260 Sonic 896 MB- 10750
CM 690 Cabinet - 4650
Extra 120 mm CM non LED fan - 325
Total (with tax) - 44720

He even gave me a free coat from his left over OCZ Freeze extreme thermal compound!! Impressive! :D

This person is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for purchasing new systems. He runs exoduspc.in.

Last edited:

jerryelvis

In the Verge of Evolution
Powercom 1Kva UPS - 4250/-
Asus Xonar STX - 8424/-
Dell 2209WA - 16000/- shipped to home
Audioengine 5 - 18000/-
Xbox 360 controller for windows - 1200/-

Congrats bro!...
where did u get xbox controller.just 2 day's back i was quoted Rs1660 for it(in chennai).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ geek_iit - Congrats for your rig and thanks for your feedback. Will come handy in the future :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@geek_iit, That is a superb and extremely capable rig that could create envy in many (count me in in this case. hehe). Congratulations and happy gaming!!!

nads

Broken In
gr8 rig geek_iit worth it....... happy gaming.......

guys need to ask u a question whats the difference between a kingston?transcend value RAM n the corair or OCZ RAMs apart from the tight latency.... i mean how much will be the performance gain if use these quality products n is it worth spending the extra dough on them?????? i have kingston 2X2GB value ram clocked at 800Mhz...... is it worth upgrading????? i need real world results if there is a spike in the fps of about 3-5fps then i dont think it should be commanding such a high price...... but i could be wrong..... pls enlighten me guys..... :oops:

Top Bottom