Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@yshashikant, Acer laptops have good VFM. While buying laptop, make sure you get it from a good dealer and also have the laptop serial number written on the bill. As I am from blr, I don't know any dealer addresses in Mumbai.

And yes, 5738 is a terrific model. Also, look at 5739, which has lot better build and a terrific keypad and costs only a bit more.

tanvir_87

Broken In
hi all !
i want to purchase a new system my specs are :
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 3 Ghz
Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200
Gigabyte GA-EG43M-S2H Motherboard
G.Skill - F2 -6400CL5S -1GBNY Memory X 4
Samsung 933NW 19inch Wide Screen
MSI R4870-MD1G Graphic Card
Cooler Master 600-eXtreme Power
Coolermaster Gladiator 600 Cabinet
Sony DVD R/W
now i have chosen the motherboard randomly, so will anyone suggest if it is a correct choice and i have taken 4870 graphic card will 4850 suffice ?
do let me know if u have a better config ?
my budget is 40k.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
hi all !
i want to purchase a new system my specs are :
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400 3 Ghz
Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA 7200
Gigabyte GA-EG43M-S2H Motherboard
G.Skill - F2 -6400CL5S -1GBNY Memory X 4
Samsung 933NW 19inch Wide Screen
MSI R4870-MD1G Graphic Card
Cooler Master 600-eXtreme Power
Coolermaster Gladiator 600 Cabinet
Sony DVD R/W
now i have chosen the motherboard randomly, so will anyone suggest if it is a correct choice and i have taken 4870 graphic card will 4850 suffice ?
do let me know if u have a better config ?
my budget is 40k.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Modify :

Proc : C2D E8400 is good, not sure abt price. (IMO replace this with AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 5.5k or Phenom II X2 545 @ 5k)
HDD : seagate 7200.12 1TB - 4.4k
Mobo : GA-EP45-DS3L or a Gigabyte UD series mobo. - 7k (For AMD I dunno which is the best mobo, but you may buy MSI 770-C35 @ 5k )
RAM: Buy 2GB sticks instead of 1GB - 4k
Monitor: AOC Fovi F22/Samsung 2233SW/BenQ E2200HD - 8.8k(BenQ)
PSU: At least Corsair VX 450, if not, get Antec EA 650 - 4/5k
GFX: 4870 512MB is good @ 9k
LG/Samsung DVD-RW - 1k

Total - Intel - ~48k/AMD - 42k (Subtract 2k if u buy 2x2GB RAM instead of 4x2GB)

Consult some others here too before finalising your rig! :)

Krow

Crowman
I know. But the 4870 1GB is for 11k! That is not in budget. If The budget is expandable, then please have a look at Palit GTX260 896MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 10.6k. Don't buy any other GTX260, go for the Palit SONIC edition! Also, I strongly recommend that you buy an AMD processor, if u can afford, get the Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 7.5k. I can't really recommend a lesser priced mobo as I dunno about them,but someone else here should be able to.

bippukt

In the zone
I know. But the 4870 1GB is for 11k! That is not in budget. If The budget is expandable, then please have a look at Palit GTX260 896MB GDDR3 SONIC @ 10.6k. Don't buy any other GTX260, go for the Palit SONIC edition! Also, I strongly recommend that you buy an AMD processor, if u can afford, get the Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 7.5k. I can't really recommend a lesser priced mobo as I dunno about them,but someone else here should be able to.

Sorry, I didn't look at it as closely as I should have. I would still recommen that he expand the budget by 2-3k and get what you suggest :)

Krow

Crowman
I forgot abt the cabby! That should add arnd 4-5k to the overall budget.

@ tanvir_87 Okay, first let us know what you need the PC for. What are you going to be using it for? How much can you expand your budget by? All of us can help you better that way!

tanvir_87

Broken In
hey !
sorry guys my net was down .....
anyways i basically need it for hardcore gaming as i won't be buying any gaming console and it will be a one time upgrade so i want it to be done in one shot
yeah given a choice i can upgrade my budget to 45k-48k at max
and guys i was even thinking do i need a 22'' monitor, won't a 17'' or 19'' do

Krow

Crowman
Hardcore Gaming means 22" monitor. :)
Okay for Intel get Q8400 @ 8750
MSI P45 Neo3-FR V2 - 6825 or P45 NEO-F @5k

AMD : Phenom II X3 720BE @ 7.5k or Phenom II X2 545 @ 5k
MSI 770-C35 @ 5k
PSU - CM Real Power Pro 550W/Antc EA 650/Corsair VX550W @ 6k max
Monitor : 9k
GFX: 4870 1GB @ 9.9k (rates just crashed) or GTX 260 SONIC @ 10.6k
If out of budget then replace with 4870 512MB @ 8.8k

RAM - 2k
HDD - 4.4k
Cabby : 5k or u if cn settle for a mid tower cabby CM Elite 334 @ 2k
DVD-RW : 1k

royunprofiled

Right off the assembly line
I want a configuration

Hi guys . I have been completely out of touch with hardware since the days of Athlon 64 and MSI RS 480 . Right now , I am about to get into Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology , Trivandrum .
First of all , I decided on a laptop , Dell Inspirion 14 , but it came with a weak graphics card , ATI RADEON 4330 ,to be precise . Build quality was a problem as well .
Then I decided on Dell Studio 15 , which comes with Core 2 Duo T6500 , 3GB R.A.M. in dual channel mode and ATI RADEON 4570 . It would cost around 49,000 . But then , build quality was again a question .
Therefore , I have decide to go for a desktop . My budget is 35,000 at maximum . And that is for everything , including Uninterpretable Power Supply .
Because , eventually , I will have to go for a laptop , but then , maybe a netbook can do the job then .
What to you guys suggest ? Dual core or quad core ?
One point of interest might be that I want my System to be as light and compact as possible because I will carry it back home during breaks and also internships at I.S.R.O. centers . And the journey back home happens to be around 4 days by train .
Therefore , I am going in for a 17" inch monitor .
My primary requirements : Games , of course along with computer aided designing , some amount of data analysis and interpretation stuff and maybe simulation as well .
My second point of concern it should be stable enough to last four years .
And most important of all , should I get my system now or hold on for a while . December at maximum .
I would not mind getting an onboard graphics right now and upgrading later on .
But I do want a powerful processor and a stable configuration .
Thank you for reading till the end .

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Re: I want a configuration

Then I decided on Dell Studio 15 , which comes with Core 2 Duo T6500 , 3GB R.A.M. in dual channel mode and ATI RADEON 4570 . It would cost around 49,000 . But then , build quality was again a question .

A very good choice IMO. Add to it the accidental damage protection warranty and get this one. Build quality is pretty good. What do you expect from a laptop that is non-toughbook edition. Unless you throw it around forcefully, it will last you. Plus the accidental damage warranty is a no questions asked replacement warranty AFAIK. If your screen cracks, they'll replace it too. They replace the part which is damaged only.

Therefore , I have decide to go for a desktop . My budget is 35,000 at maximum . And that is for everything , including Uninterpretable Power Supply . Because , eventually , I will have to go for a laptop , but then , maybe a netbook can do the job then . What to you guys suggest ? Dual core or quad core ?
One point of interest might be that I want my System to be as light and compact as possible because I will carry it back home during breaks and also internships at I.S.R.O. centers . And the journey back home happens to be around 4 days by train .
Why not go for Lappy now? You can't realistically expect a non netbook system which you are going to lug around for 4days everytime you go home! Laptops were designed to be bought by traveling people like you!

My primary requirements : Games , of course along with computer aided designing , some amount of data analysis and interpretation stuff and maybe simulation as well . My second point of concern it should be stable enough to last four years. And most important of all , should I get my system now or hold on for a while . December at maximum. I would not mind getting an onboard graphics right now and upgrading later on . But I do want a powerful processor and a stable configuration .Thank you for reading till the end .

No system is going to last you for four years. It will be running fine but te software will be more demanding, so no point in expecting anything to be around for that long a time. The laptop should serve your purpose well.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: I want a configuration

Hi guys . I have been completely out of touch with hardware since the days of Athlon 64 and MSI RS 480 . Right now , I am about to get into Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology , Trivandrum .
First of all , I decided on a laptop , Dell Inspirion 14 , but it came with a weak graphics card , ATI RADEON 4330 ,to be precise . Build quality was a problem as well .
Therefore , I have decide to go for a desktop . My budget is 35,000 at maximum . And that is for everything , including Uninterpretable Power Supply .
Because , eventually , I will have to go for a laptop , but then , maybe a netbook can do the job then .
What to you guys suggest ? Dual core or quad core ?
My primary requirements : Games , of course along with computer aided designing , some amount of data analysis and interpretation stuff and maybe simulation as well .
My second point of concern it should be stable enough to last four years .
And most important of all , should I get my system now or hold on for a while . December at maximum .
I would not mind getting an onboard graphics right now and upgrading later on .
But I do want a powerful processor and a stable configuration .
Thank you for reading till the end .

if you think that gaming is a priority for you and also need a good system for mobility, why not go for these:

1) Dell XPS or Dell Studio 15 laptop now.
2) Later get XBOX 360 which is available for some 13k (and also expecting a price drop soon) I think and get it modded.

Believe me, it's really hectic to move your rig everywhere you go. It's too much of a headache, given the weight and the number of components. And netbook totally sucks IMO. It's too tiny
3) a 20" display for 7k

royunprofiled

Thanks for the reply guys but still

First Techalomaniac . Thank you for your suggestion . I will check out the warranty as soon as possible .
And I have some idea how impractical it is to carry a complete system but I would like to keep my options open .
And by stable , I meant an unproblematic hardware because currently , I am facing a lot of problem with my MSI RS480 Motherboard .
You do not always need to run the latest software to get your job done .
My reason for choosing a desktop is that I would be needing a strong processor for my sort of requirements. And cannot afford to upgrade my processor at a later stage . So , whatever I get myself now , it is going to stay with me right through my Bachelors of Technology .

Now desiibond . Thank you as well . Well, what I want you to know is gaming is not the first priority for me . I would have loved to get myself a XPS but I would rather get a quad core processor than dual graphics cards for my money right now . So that effectively rules out a XBOX as well .

Sorry for misleading you .

Okay , so I am going to cut out your job . All you guys need to do is tell me is processor with best price to performance ratio upto Rupees 6000 and upto Rupees 9000 . Plus or minus Rupees 500 . And the motherboard to go with them with at least one alternative in case of non availability . Both with and without onboard graphics .
A compact cabinet and a S.M.P.S.
And are there any expected price cuts this year worth delaying the purchase .
Hope I am not asking too much from you guys .

And I my putting up my query on another thread as well . Hope you guys do not mind .

Krow

Crowman
AMD Phenom II X4 920 @ arnd 9k
If you want to OC then replace 920 with 940 and price is 9.7k
Gigabyte GA-MA-790GP-UD4H is the best mobo with excellent onboard GFX and great OC capability. I play Crysis at 800x600 @ low GFX setting with GREAT FPS and no lags whatsoever!
Compact cabinet and SMPS would be too much to ask of anyone unless you say that you want a decrease in performance. Go for a mid-tower case like the CM Elite 334 @ 2k
SMPS - CM Real Power Pro 550W/Corsair VX550W/Antec EA-650 @ 6k max

Core i5 is going to arrive for Intel, but i'm not sure when. Price for AMD may go down a bit as the Phenom II X4 965 will come soon.
You can get a GFX card later with this mobo. IMO go for Corsair 650TX @ 6.8k at least. will gv you more headroom for better GPU later.

I still recommend you go for a laptop as lugging a desktop around is not really a very wise thing to do.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^that's spot on. go for that config.

Also, if you are going to use applications that are going to make full use of 4 cores like AV encoding, go for Q9550 for 11k for Intel. but you may not be able to get full rig inside 35k.

Krow

Crowman
^^that's spot on. go for that config.

Also, if you are going to use applications that are going to make full use of 4 cores like AV encoding, go for Q9550 for 11k for Intel. but you may not be able to get full rig inside 35k.

Agreed totally as with Intel one must buy a dedicated GFX card too!

tejasd2005

hey guyz request a quote for
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz

preferably in pune......but still any estimates would be welcome.

Soul-Stealer

Guyz i need a config for a gaming CPU including a monitor rest all i have!

i need

Processor
motherboard
GFX
cabinet
Ram

thats all i dont need a HDD also !

so please if you can suggest me the above things and a Monitor
Budget is 30-35K

ty ~

Krow

Crowman
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 7.3k OR AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 5.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H @ 8k or Ga-MA78GM-US2H @ 4.5k
Sapphire HD4890 @ 12.5k
2x2GB Corsair XMS2 @ 3k
Corsair VX550W/CM Real Power Pro 550/Antec EA650 @ 6k max!
Any CM full tower cabby you like @ 5k!

Top Bottom