Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

monkey

Padawan
@gannu_rox: This is something I have asked earlier also "Max custom duty of RS. 1000/-" ?
Correct me if I am wrong but custom duty is expressed in % terms (of value of the product) and is never flat rate for any particular item. So for memory costing $100 custom duty will be different than for memory costing $300.
And for the custom rates: My friend had imported OCZ memory from USA and he was charged custom duty @26%. I myself have seen the customs invoice and so your saying that custom duty of max Rs. 1000/- will be charged doesn't go down well with me.

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^ Well if u've the brains u wudn be doin dat...

Ask d ppl @ MC to show d price of any RAM u're buyin at 40Euros... So dat customs wud be charget somewher close to 700 bux.. Not sure...

But u've to tell those ppl(Gary @ MC) else they'll show d actual price n u'll hafta pay the real customs fer d thing...

Got it Mr. Monkey???

monkey

Padawan
gannu_rox said:
^^ Well if u've the brains u wudn be doin dat...

Ask d ppl @ MC to show d price of any RAM u're buyin at 40Euros... So dat customs wud be charget somewher close to 700 bux.. Not sure...

But u've to tell those ppl(Gary @ MC) else they'll show d actual price n u'll hafta pay the real customs fer d thing...

Got it Mr. Monkey???

Under-Invoicing, ehh?? I thought these "goras" didn't like doing business our way :twisted:

goobimama

 Macboy
Undervalue it and also state it as second hand. You know, throw out the original wrapping and put it in some cardboard cover. Also label it as gift or something...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
is corsair psu available in kolkata??
i might wanna go the sli way in near future.

n i m really afraid of transportation/shippin.
dont hv enough time if somethin goes wrong with the delivered goods.
its really gonna be time consuming.

monkey

Padawan
BULLZI said:
is corsair psu available in kolkata??
i might wanna go the sli way in near future.

n i m really afraid of transportation/shippin.
dont hv enough time if somethin goes wrong with the delivered goods.
its really gonna be time consuming.

Buy it online at www.yantraonline.in. Ask them (I think Shashank is the guy) for quicker delivery (might charge extra) AND ask for the discount on the listed price. It works :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
For all those who say, importing is expensive and you dont get stuff in time...you fget scammed and blah blah...WAKE UP!

I have ordered several times from US ebay...no customs, no problems at all :)

joelf15

Journeyman
ax3 said:
which dvd ritter should i go 4 liteon or sony ?

can u telll me the model no. 2 ...... so that i can tell the shopkeeper .........
Go for the sony sata writer its 1800 at lamington road..checked prices today!! while the ide 1 is 1700!!! cheers!!

bhushan05d251 said:
20 th June prices
Asus P5B-VM (G965) @ 7.1K
Kingston 1 GB DDR 2 667 MHz @ 1.7K
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz @ 10k
Lite-On DVD-RW 20x @ 1375
BEEN TO LAMINGTON ON 22nd!!

went to casette world..
Sont SATA 1800
Sony ide 1700
LITEON ide 1750!!
LG 1375!!!

the abv price quoted bybushan for liteon is not true!!!

Last edited:

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
BULLZI said:
many many thanks for all ur replies.

i thot tht an sli ready psu will be needed for my system.
bt 4m all ur responses,i hv found out tht xtremepower 600watt ll be well n good.
nyway, by budget can't cross 7 k n i m really afraid of shipping n all those stuff.
i doubt if corsair 620 watt is available in kolkata or not.
in tht case i ll go for either real power 500 watt(thts sli)
or coolermaster extreme 600 watt(non sli).
i contacted VELOCITY COMPUTER SYSTEMS.
decent shop,eh??

How much is Velocity Computer Systems asking for and where the hell is the shop??

The only Corsair Dealer i know in Kolkata is Tirupathi Computers ..right now they are stocking the Corsair HX620W @7k+VAT

The CoolerMaster dealer Classic Computers has only the RealPower 500W @7.1k+VAT and is currently out of stock of the eXtreme Power 500W or 600W..his stock was supposed to be replenished by this week ..but it has not..

Btw YantraOnline is quoting too much for the Corsair HX620W...well if that satifies you..

Btw PMed you..check it:D

monkey

Padawan
@rb_kaustuv: Yantra Online is an online shop and hence will cost more (even with some discount being offered) than normal prices due to packaging and shipping cost.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
monkey said:
@rb_kaustuv: Yantra Online is an online shop and hence will cost more (even with some discount being offered) than normal prices due to packaging and shipping cost.
And i thought that online stores cost less for they don't need a showroom to display the products only a warehouse to store them..as far as i can see the same is not the same in this case....:(

See TheITDepot..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
rb_kaustuv said:
The CoolerMaster dealer Classic Computers has only the RealPower 500W @7.1k+VAT and is currently out of stock of the eXtreme Power 500W or 600W..his stock was supposed to be replenished by this week ..but it has not..
Whattttt? Are u serious!!!!!!!
Well i asked the Cooler Master Extreme 600 Watt almost 30-40 days back & it was for 3850/- from SMC Computers, New Delhi.
And now u are saying that its for 7100+vat!!!

Hey buddy then i guess the CORSAIR 620 HX is a better choice or go for any other PSU(not a local one) but check its specs on web.
If CORSAIR is not available then go for POWERSAFE or ZEBRONICS, if they are available in your city.

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan
rb_kaustuv said:
And i thought that online stores cost less for they don't need a showroom to display the products only a warehouse to store them..as far as i can see the same is not the same in this case....:(

See TheITDepot..

You don't get it buddy..online stores cost more because they have to re-package and deliver the product to you. Good PSU's weigh like hell and this increases their shipping charges. Even at ITDEPOT the shipping charges for Antec PSU's are above Rs. 200 (high power PSU's). But I don't understand their concept of "Tax inclusive prices". Taxes at state level and national level are different - then how can they sell at both levels at the same price. This clearly means that somewhere someone is paying more than others for the actual product. Moreover itdepot.com is distributor for Antec (and I think logitech too) and is based in Chennai from where most of the products are imported in India (from China/Taiwan).

I live in Delhi and if I have to buy a PSU from Nehru Place then I would be spending Rs. 400 on the petrol alone. Add to it the intangible cost of time and energy.

The regular shopwala can sell you a product on the margin of Rs. 50 for a product costing Rs. 10,000/- but this economics doesn't work for the online shop. This is one reason why online shops are not that successful in India (unless launched by a multi-crore group like Times group for indiatimes.com).

And finally I have bought products from yantraonline.in after negotiating prices wherein I got good discounts (upto 8%) on the listed price. I could have saved more if I had collected my goods personally by avoiding packaging charges.

In my opinion these online shops are better for smaller cities/towns where you cannot get good products at reasonable prices.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
rb_kaustuv said:
How much is Velocity Computer Systems asking for and where the hell is the shop??

The only Corsair Dealer i know in Kolkata is Tirupathi Computers ..right now they are stocking the Corsair HX620W @7k+VAT

Btw YantraOnline is quoting too much for the Corsair HX620W...well if that satifies you..

Btw PMed you..check it:D

can u give the address plz??of tirupathi computers??

Top Bottom