Manickaraj

Broken In
640GB SATA2 HDD;

1.Western Digital=3,800-4,000/-

2.Seagate(640GB hard to find),
so, 500GB=2,800-3,200/-,
750GB=4,700-5,000/-

Sorry, no idea about laserjet.

P.S-All prices are from Kolkata, there should'nt be much difference in other parts of India.

Should i go for WD or seagate. I ve read something about platters r good in WD in Agent001 review.

tkin

Back to school!!
Should i go for WD or seagate. I ve read something about platters r good in WD in Agent001 review.
My 500GB Seagate just failed after 1.5 months of moderate use, but then again many other forum members and some of my friends are using Seagate without any problem for years after years, my last HDD was also Seagate lasting till now after years of torture. So its your call.

But one thing for sure, Seagate has better support, replaced my HDD in 3 days.

Manickaraj

Broken In
My 500GB Seagate just failed after 1.5 months of moderate use, but then again many other forum members and some of my friends are using Seagate without any problem for years after years, my last HDD was also Seagate lasting till now after years of torture. So its your call.

But one thing for sure, Seagate has better support, replaced my HDD in 3 days.

ok. I ll go for that. Thanks. How long is the replacement warranty?
Will they replace it with no questions?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
This is where Seagate shines, it gives 5 Years where as WD and others give 3 years.

No, both give 5 years for internal drives. In case of Seagate, you have to go to their service centre franchisee, Accel. WD collects the drive from you and delivers the replacement to you.

tkin

Back to school!!
No, both give 5 years for internal drives. In case of Seagate, you have to go to their service centre franchisee, Accel. WD collects the drive from you and delivers the replacement to you.
Obviously you're talking about the enterprise internal drives like RAPTOR, RAPTOR-X which cost a hell lot more, I'm talking about the normal desktop internal drives named CAVIER which has 3 yrs warranty. Check it out;*support.wdc.com/warranty/policy.asp?custtype=end&lang=en

P.S-Cavier Black is also costly and not available here, only Cavier Blues are available that carries 3 yrs warranty, my friend bought one and I'm sure of it, I personally checked the warranty from the site.

And also I've never heard of any company picking up products from the customer's houses and delivering replacements to them, is it available everywhere in India? Where do you file the RMA?

You can also file a RMA on Seagate drive and send Accel the drive, they will send you the replacement with the return paid. Accel replaced my drive in just 3 days.

Can anybody give me the latest prices of the following:
WD MyPassport Essential 320GB
WD My Passport Essential 160GB
Transcend 1GB RAM DDR2 667MHz
Creative EP-630
Creative EP-830
Creative Zen Stone Plus 2GB
Transcend V60 8GB Pendrive

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^^^^^ where to give this for replacement in kolkata and how... my hdd is gone
Go here, Monday to Saturday 9.30 A.M to 5 P.M,

Accel Frontline
12, Lower Rowdon Street
Kolkata-700 020
Ph-2455-9685/9095/6911

P.S-Its Close to Minto Park(Beside J.D Birla Institute of BBA, Homescience)
Only for Seagate and Maxtor Drives.

^^ hey where i file the RMA of seagate Hd
You need to file Seagate RMA in your local Accel Frontline Center. I know the location of the Kolkata Center only. I don't know the address of the center in HELL:D:D

Last edited:

ravikanth

Exploring
Latest Price of Corsair or CM in CHENNAI

Where can I get cooler master or corsair PSU in CHENNAI.

And what is the cost the below 2 PSU's in CHENNAI

1)Cooler Master 600 W eXtreme Power Supply
2)Corsair VX450

Which one is better?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Re: Latest Price of Corsair or CM in CHENNAI

Where can I get cooler master or corsair PSU in CHENNAI.

And what is the cost the below 2 PSU's in CHENNAI

1)Cooler Master 600 W eXtreme Power Supply
2)Corsair VX450

Which one is better?

may be its help u Link

ravikanth

Exploring

may be its help u Link

I enquired in delta pheriperals... he dont have corsair products. And he is asking Rs.3800 for CM 600w EPSU, which is very high. Does any one has experience of buying at lower costs in chennai?

axxo

99.9% Idle

I enquired in delta pheriperals... he dont have corsair products. And he is asking Rs.3800 for CM 600w EPSU, which is very high. Does any one has experience of buying at lower costs in chennai?

dont buy SMPS @ chennai they are not sure how to price it, I bought a 390W CM SMPS for 2.6k nearly a year before which I could have got it for 1.7k from other parts of India.. Best option for you would be order online frm primeabgb.com or lynxindia.com.

ravikanth

Exploring

dont buy SMPS @ chennai they are not sure how to price it, I bought a 390W CM SMPS for 2.6k nearly a year before which I could have got it for 1.7k from other parts of India.. Best option for you would be order online frm primeabgb.com or lynxindia.com.

Hey dtz kool. Thanks :). But did u checked lynxindia.com? This link leads to a Home textile industry :confused:

dvijaydev46

Broken In
Corsair vx450:

www.lynx-india.com -- Rs :3,823.00
itwares -- 3950
Primeabgb -- 3,900

When I asked in Delta 2 weeks ago, they told me it was 3900. But now they say they don't have stock. So I think the pricing is more or less correct. But even I think they over price cooler master.

ravikanth

Exploring
Today I enquired at Delta Pheriperals (Chennai) again... Corsair is available now.. He quoted

Corsair vx450 - Rs.3600
Cooler Master 600w eXtreme - Rs.3800

Which one is better? 600w or 450w? Corsair or CM? [:eek:]

Last edited:
Top Bottom