Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Version 2.0
we are using HP Laserjet 1015 in our office, i think it costs around 10K now..

It is pretty good...no problems till now...

Deep

himtuna

Journeyman
What is the cost of printing one page ?
I have to print out a whole lot of pdf files around 1k of them.
Is dot matrix cheaper than laser in printing Ks of paper.

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm..it can print in black ink only...

the cartridge costs around Rs. 3,500 and around 5000+ prinouts / pages you can take..

Deep

geek

Broken In
it costs under 9500 now. instead of a new toner u can always refill your used toner. a refill costs around rs. 500 and gives appprox 3500 printout. that comes to approx 14p per page. add to that the cost of paper and total cost comes to arnd 34p per page.

it is a common belief that that refills ruin a printer. it may be true in case of inkjets but i have been refilling my laser toner for the past 5 years and had no problems whatsoever.

dot matrix is certainly cheaper than a laser printer because the only cost is that of the paper and the ribbon which costs mabe arnd RS. 20. but the downside is the slow speed, poor print quality, noisy operation etc. Laser printer on the other hand are fast, give crisp print outs and operate quitely

Deep

Version 2.0
actually we had refilled the toner but printer number 1015 uses differnt type of ink and because of that refill one doenst work properly...

black powder comes out of the toner..

Deep

geek

Broken In
u dont have to refill the toner yourself. go to the market and get the job professionally done. my refiller promised me that i wont need to buy a new toner.......and he has kept his promise for the last 5 years. getting crisp printouts and no powder or anything

AlienTech

In the zone
There are many kinds of laser inks just like ink jets. You cant use one type of ink on another printer. IF they have the same oner then its well and good. But if they are just using the same toner they use for photo copy machines, well, it might work and most likely it wont. The black powder coming out of the toner is one symptom.

The major problem is once you get that toner all over the place good luck cleaning it up. And using incorrect toner can easily mess up the entire place and damage the printer. So just make sure the refill guy knows what he is doing.

Deep

Version 2.0
geek said:
u dont have to refill the toner yourself. go to the market and get the job professionally done. my refiller promised me that i wont need to buy a new toner.......and he has kept his promise for the last 5 years. getting crisp printouts and no powder or anything

yes i am talking about from market only..the ink HP uses in 1015 is different from other ones...so that ink isnt available in the market...so thats why it created problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom