Laptops in 40-45K range

dikart4

Broken In
Hello guys,

I need your valuable suggestions for buying a laptop in 40-45K INR range.I'm planning to buy within 4-5 days so quick replies will be really helpful.

1) What is your budget?
40-45K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP,Lenovo,Dell,Asus,Samsung
b. Dislike:Acer,HCL

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Laptop will be mainly used for programming and light gaming.Dual booted with Windows 8 and Linux
Applications : Eclipse IDE,Apache server,Tomcat Container,jprofiler,Oracle,MySQL db,Photoshop(beginner)
Gaming:FIFA and NFS in moderate settings

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
HD or Full HD whichever fits in budget

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
  • Will be purchased locally at MYSORE or BANGALORE.Open to buy online if available cheaper than local prices
  • HDD:500GB-1TB its not an issue as I have an external 1TB drive
  • After sales service should be really good and I'm planning to extend the warranty for 3 years
  • Battery backup should be good and it should be user replaceable.
  • Min 4GB RAM with an available free slot is needed.
  • Less Heating issues
  • Suggestions needed for extending the battery life(charge/dischargetime ratio)

Came across these models
  • HP Pavilion 15-e001AX Notebook (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
  • HP Pavilion 15-n011TU Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Ubuntu) - HP: Flipkart.com
  • HP Pavilion 15-n004TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/Ubuntu/1 GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
  • Lenovo Essential G510 (59-398452) Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com (available locally for 45K)

Slightly oriented towards intel 4th gen core i5 processor based laptops.2nd and 3rd has 4200U series processors 4th one has a 4200M series processor with a higher clock rate.My doubt is does it(higher clock rate) really matter in the applications that i run(as mentioned above).With only 5-10% performance difference between 3rd gen and 4th gen processors I'm open for buying intel 3rd gen processor based laptops also so suggest me some good 3rd gen lappys also.

Also can I run games like nfsmw2,fifa 13,f1 2012 in moderate settings with intel hd4400 igpu and do I need to have a dedicated gpu??

Thank you

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
How is the after sales service of Lenovo in Bangalore??

How is this one??Will it be more value for money if I go with AMD APU based lappy??

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-essential-g505s-59-380146-laptop-apu-quad-core-a10-8gb-1tb-dos-2-5gb-graph/p/itmdm79dbkjzewwk?pid=COMDM799ZGJTXAVT&icmpid=reco_rp_same_computer_1

$hadow

Geek in making
Well the 4th gen processor is way fast in terms of photoshopping and all I guess.
You will not regret after getting a Intel cpu. They are good as of now. Since you are buying in next few days I am suggesting you this or else I would have suggested you to wait a bit till Deewali and than get your laptop there will be plenty available at that time.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
I have to purchase it within this week...cant wait till diwali :(.....How much performance difference is there between 4200U and 4200M series processors of Intel i5(4th gen)??

$hadow

Geek in making
Check out notebookcheck review. It will help you a lot to understand the difference.

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
How is the after sales service of Lenovo compared to HP and Dell??Who provide the best After sales service in Bangalore???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for after sales support though not woes free Dell is better than others but some people do have good experience with Lenovo as well.

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is nothing like that you have to get a 4th Gen i5 only. In real world performance, an 4th Gen i5 is just around 7% faster than a 3rd Gen i5, running at same speed. So a 2.5 or 2.6 GHz 3rd Gen i5 will perform roughly same as a 2.2 GHz 4th Gen i5. In fact, the type of applications you have listed, I think you should go with a 3rd Gen or 2nd Gen i7 Processor based Laptop which offers 4 Physical cores and 8 thread processing capabilities. How about Asus K55VM-SX086D @ 49.9K (Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com)

OP
D

dikart4

Broken In
There is nothing like that you have to get a 4th Gen i5 only. In real world performance, an 4th Gen i5 is just around 7% faster than a 3rd Gen i5, running at same speed. So a 2.5 or 2.6 GHz 3rd Gen i5 will perform roughly same as a 2.2 GHz 4th Gen i5. In fact, the type of applications you have listed, I think you should go with a 3rd Gen or 2nd Gen i7 Processor based Laptop which offers 4 Physical cores and 8 thread processing capabilities. How about Asus K55VM-SX086D @ 49.9K (Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com)

Thanks Cilus but that Asus model exceeds my budget....what about this one

Lenovo Essential G505s
Lenovo Essential G505s (59-380146) Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, A10-5750M can compete against an i5 3rd generation at maximum and no match for an i7 processor. Since Laptop is a one time buy and can't be upgraded, better spend 4K extra and get that i7 Laptop.

I would suggest the Lenovo one......
4th gen i5 would give better battery life. Also Lenovo is better than ASUS in terms of A.S.S

Top Bottom