laptop without windows

spm

Journeyman
My friend needs a laptop within a budget of 40k. for internet browsing, movies and music and a little gaming. The thing is he does not want to pay for windows 7 or any OS as he uses linuxa and experiments with many linux distros. Can he get a decent Laptop preferably a VAIO or DELL without the OS. Please suggest a decent config with graphics card

OP
S

spm

Journeyman
no he says he needs a graphics card and he has the budget for one. and he may buy win7 after some time.

mohityadavx

Youngling
@ pauldmps
what about me i already own genuine win7 ultimate (multiple license , my dad bought for office), can you now tell whether is is available without os or not!!!

pauldmps

Banned
I don't think you'll have much choices. Only some HP & HCL brand laptops come without Windows but you'll not get your recommended config. At last, you'll have end up with a laptop with Win7 Home basic.

@spm
If your friend buys Win7 later, he'll have to pay much higher price than what it given with the Laptop.

acewin

Point Blanc
higher end products from Dell generally do not come without OS, but you can ask the Dell Customer care. I have seen Dell laptops without OS as well

Symbianlover

Always on net
I think You should go with samsung NP-R439-DA09IN.Its configuration is-Intel core prossy,4 Gb RAM,500GB HDD, OS-DOS,price-37k.In this laptop u no need to pay for os and u should boot from Usb pendrive into linux.it fit ur budget and to boot linux from pendrive u can use the software like Unetbootin and u can search the digit dvd for it.
If u want to pay more then u can go with Asus K52JR-SX195D.Its configuration is-Intel core i5 prossy,2 GB RAM,640 GB HDD,OS-DOS,price-47k.for this laptop no need to pay for win 7.and u can use the methode(which i told u in 1st time) for boot from linux.

Top Bottom