Laptop within 65k

ajphoenix

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 65000

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP, Toshiba, Asus
b. Dislike: None in particular.

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly watching movies, videos (preferably at 1080p) .. as well as a fair amount of gaming ..

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both.. (but most of the time, it will be on my desk)

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yes.
Skyrim, CS, NFS, FIFA12, Assassin's creed etc.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3 hours at least.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Prefer to buy in locally.
Though online via COD would also be ok.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows(7) preferred.. but Free DOS versions will also be acceptable if it lowers cost.

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1080p (or 768 at least)

_____

Right now, the Asus n55sf .. the Dell XPS 15 and the HP dv6-6165tx are looking like good options.
But I've heard the Dell has tremendous heating issues (could someone correct me on this) and Asus can sometimes have display issues..

Any more suggestions are welcome..

I will probably be buying the laptop by this month mid, so looking at all options.

_____

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Right now, the Asus n55sf .. the Dell XPS 15 and the HP dv6-6165tx are looking like good options.
But I've heard the Dell has tremendous heating issues (could someone correct me on this) and Asus can sometimes have display issues..

Any more suggestions are welcome..

I will probably be buying the laptop by this month mid, so looking at all options.

_____
all will have their pros and cons... i am currently using the hp6165 and am happy with its performance. there are other members using the same lappy and have had no major issues. where in asus is concerned there isnt a proper review in this forum from any member so i cant say... the type of games you want to play hp 6165 can handle them with ease...

equinox

I think with the Ivy Bridge just around the corner, this could be the worst time to buy a Sandy Bridge system... Either get a hefty discount on a SB system, or wait a few weeks to get the new one.

An XPS 15 2012 refresh is on the way >>

Asus has already refreshed their line-up with Ivy Bridge systems... at least in the US >>

HP has always been a little slow in upgrading the line up, specially in India.

I guess what it comes down to, is whether you are willing to wait a few weeks (which could turn into months.)

Do look at the n55sf keyboard before you decide on it... I've heard it's layout is not to every ones taste

OP
A

ajphoenix

Hmm.. well right now, the HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx seems to be the likely choice..
wish it had a 1080p screen though..

are there any other good laptops in this price range with an i7, decent gfx card and a 1080p screen?

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Even i'm looking to buy a gaming lappy. I can hold off till 5th july. After that my college would start. Lets hope prices would nosedive before that.

Top Bottom