laptop with good graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hi guys, I am looking for a laptop with good graphics that can handle my 3D work.

no specific brand but 1 with good service & products

25-30k ... can compromise on screen

expecting specs c2d,2+ gb ram,250+ gb hard-disk

so which models are with these specs

Krow

Crowman
Yeah, at that price, you will probably get pentium 4 laptops, which I believe are no good. :(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
AFAIK, even 40k will not get you a C2D with good graphics. Here are a few I've checked recently:

Acer Aspire 5536 - AMD, HD3200, 2GB, 320GB - 28k
Acer Aspire 5536G - AMD, HD4570, 3GB, 320GB - 31k
Acer Aspire 5738G - C2D, NVidia 105M, 4GB, 320GB - 42.5k
Dell Studio 15 - C2D, 3-4GB, HD4570, 320-500GB - 42-47k

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
I saw some lappys with 37-38k c2d ,250gb hard-disk and all

brands were Dell & acer ......

If not then what is budget I should have

Krow

Crowman
+1 to Dell studio 15. You get ATI HD 4570M gfx. Anyway, I don't know how much a laptop can handle in terms of CPU load... Not sure about heavy work.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you are really into 3D desgin etc, you better get a good rig for 40k and you will feel much more flexible.

Krow

Crowman
clmlbx Sure u need a laptop only? As for a budget of 40k u can buy a far more powerful rig which will be able to handle all your work like a charm.

Go to Dell's website and check out Inspiron series Laptops.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@clmlbx, even for 40k, max you can get is entry level Graphics and a low end core2duo and that will struggle to do 3D design work.

anyways, check these:

Dell Inspiron
HP Pavilion DV6-1204AU (Athlon X2 QL=65, 3GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, vista home premium, 15.6" display, ATI mobility radeon HD3200, 1yr warranty): 40k-43k

you can check HP Pavilion DV6-1211AX (Turion X2 RM-75 2.2GHz, 4GB ddr2, 320GB HDD, vista home premium, 15.6" display, HD4650 graphics,1yr warrany) : 46k-48k

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ok I will check it out ... @techalomaniac I allready have a good rig (desktop) so I am looking for Laptop.. I thought about a laptop because my friend bought one with core2duo 2+ghz, 2gb ram, 160 gb Hdd & good graphic card @ 37K brand is Dell.. don't know about exact model number as we have just talked on phone .. I have not seen it ... I will
take more info of his laptop & will let u know all .

Krow

Crowman
^Test ur apps on his laptop and check for BSOD and stability. Excellent opportunity for you to gauge performance levels.

harishgayatri

Broken In
If you want to do 3D work increase your budget and get a MacBook or Macbook Pro.

That should work out excellent, But be ready to shell out a bomb for it.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
guys I checked dell site and found some good lappys. Inspiron 14 series but can I upgrade graphix card in it ...I don't know much abouy lapp's so I am asking ... as current config cost around $700 (around RS 32900) .. so I buy that and upgrade my graphix card. I checked dell's Personalised pages and I could not find option to upgrade graphix card.

So can I upgrade
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
And i7 starts from $1400 (around RS 65800)
Posted again:
And i7 starts from $1400 (around RS 65800)

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Saar, the core i7 laptops start from $999., but its only 1.6GHz and the 2.6GHz model is $1299

*www.dell.com/us/en/home/core_i7_systems/fs.aspx?refid=core_i7_systems&s=dhs&cs=19

Closest to your budget, I think you will get this :

*configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&kc=&l=en&oc=S540811IN8&s=dhs

46k... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom