Hi
I have a sony vaio laptop sve1513ynb. I have installed window 7 utlimate version 32-bit.
I want to know how do I make a laptop as wifi hotspot.
Any drivers that I need to install first?

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I have installed the 64-bit version drivers of Win 7 ultimate even though my OS is 32bit version. When I installed the connectify it throws some error.
What may be the reason for that???

Why the hell did you install 64 bit drivers on a 32 bit OS? :banghead:

I have installed the 64-bit version drivers of Win 7 ultimate even though my OS is 32bit version. When I installed the connectify it throws some error.
How did you manage to install 64bit drivers in 32bit os?? The installation automatically aborts in such cases. Anyways make an ad hoc connection by going to control panel<<network and sharing<<set up a new connection<<create an ad hoc connection

shreymittal

Being Human

Why the hell anyone on this world will install 64-BIT Drivers on 32-BIT Windows :facepalm: it showed errors and you ignored

OP
A

ammartinwala52

Broken In
Hi guys
I know that was a biggest mistake I did. didn't check the version of OS I installed. When I got the error I came to know I have installed a wrong version drivers.
Only Atheros Wireless Driver got installed. The problem with ad-hoc n/w creation is that I'm not able to connect it to my Android Phone. I'm using a Tata Photon + Wireless USB connection, I want to use my laptop internet for my android as well.
How do I do that?

Also can anyone help me where can I get Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit driver for Sony Vaio sve1513ynb. the official sony site shows support for windows 7 ultimate 64-bit verison?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
@OP.. What do you want to connect to your laptop? There can be two scenarios:

1. You want to connect to another Laptop/Desktop
2. You want to connect to mobile devices (Smartphone, Tablet)

In both cases, you don't need anything extra as Windows 7 has everything.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
@theterminator: To my android phone.
It does not detect the ad-hoc network.

Obviously, because Android devices don't detect ad-hoc (computer-to-computer) connections. Follow below steps:

i) Open Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges (Right-Click-->>Run As Administrator)

ii) Type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MySSID key=MyKey keyUsage=persistent (Replace MySSID with the name of your choice as this will be the name of your network & MyKey with the password for your network). Press Enter. You have created a network. Now you only need to broadcast it so that other devices can connect.

iii) Type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork. Press Enter. Network is broadcasting but you may not have sharing enabled. So for sharing your laptop's Internet connection you have to follow some more steps:
a)Open Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center.
b)Click Change Adapter Settings.
c)Right click your Internet connection and select Properties.
d)Click the Sharing tab.
e)Check the box that says “Allow other network users to connect.”
f)Choose your Virtual Wifi adapter & click OK.

Now You have a Wifi network with Laptop as your access point.

Note: This also connects to laptop/desktops.
Note: You have to type netsh wlan start hostednetwork everytime in Command Prompt Administrator Privileges after you have Shut Down/Sleep/Hibernate your laptop.

OP
A

ammartinwala52

Broken In
Obviously, because Android devices don't detect ad-hoc (computer-to-computer) connections. Follow below steps:

i) Open Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges (Right-Click-->>Run As Administrator)

ii) Type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MySSID key=MyKey keyUsage=persistent (Replace MySSID with the name of your choice as this will be the name of your network & MyKey with the password for your network). Press Enter. You have created a network. Now you only need to broadcast it so that other devices can connect.

iii) Type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork. Press Enter. Network is broadcasting but you may not have sharing enabled. So for sharing your laptop's Internet connection you have to follow some more steps:
a)Open Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center.
b)Click Change Adapter Settings.
c)Right click your Internet connection and select Properties.
d)Click the Sharing tab.
e)Check the box that says “Allow other network users to connect.”
f)Choose your Virtual Wifi adapter & click OK.

Now You have a Wifi network with Laptop as your access point.

Note: This also connects to laptop/desktops.
Note: You have to type netsh wlan start hostednetwork everytime in Command Prompt Administrator Privileges after you have Shut Down/Sleep/Hibernate your laptop.

Thanks Terminator. I will try and let you know.

Top Bottom