laptop vs desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Limited usage, less performance,less robust!
E.g I cudnt run Oracle 10g (Server) on the latest laptop but was able to do so on my 3 yr old dektop pc!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
both are meant for different purposes...it depends on what u intend to do and where also ... if ur travelling too much and ur basic application is office work and not hardcore multimedia such graphic hungry games and system resource hungry applications like image editting and video editting stuff (some songs and movies even games are exceptional) .... then a laptop is for you .... but if u go to office and back home want to watch movies listen to songs and play some high end games .... its adesktop for u .... long story short it depends on what u r gonna do

tuxfan

Technomancer
mediator said:
Limited usage, less performance,less robust!
E.g I cudnt run Oracle 10g (Server) on the latest laptop but was able to do so on my 3 yr old dektop pc!

Now what do you mean by latest desktop?? Its all a matter of configuration. Even the "latest" laptops have a hugh variety in prices, so a hugh variety in config too!!

Cons of Laptops: :(
1. lappys are delicate
2. lappys are expensive
3. repairing costs could be higher
4. part replacement costs higher
5. upgrading desktops is easier
6. customisation opprtunities in new lappys is limited

Pros of laptops: :)
1. Mobility (most important)
2. Compact
3. convenient
4. works for some time, even if there's power failure :p
5. consumes less electricity
6. flaunt value :))

mediator

Technomancer
@tuxfan.....I agree with u . What i meant was.....my old pc isnt ht enabled, but ma lappy is just 5 month old i think with latest technology!

the_moon

Journeyman
I agree with Brave Hunt, upgradig a laptop is much more difficult & expensive as compared to upgrading one's desktop!

eagle_y2j

Youngling
lappies are like gals (tender and expensive) ,whereas Desktop are Robust ,Power houses like boys........

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I agree with @Tuxfan. One more thing. Laptop is not designed with ergonomics in mind.
You can work in a laptop for a few hours. If you work for more hours you end up having
neck pain, back pain etc!! It also heats up pretty fast. If you want to work in a laptop
for more hours , get a separate keyboard & plug it. You'll find it convenient.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Oh yes, that a very important point that I missed out. Lappys are surely not designed with good ergonomics in mind. I have been using a separate mouse for it as touchpad is very inconvenient. I thought about a separate keyboard, but didn't go for it :p

dix

Broken In
If you have a laptop you can show off your purse power but who else can see your desktop except you. Kuri patane ka acha tarika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom