Laptop under 65k

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans: 65000 INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Ans: Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
Ans: India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Asus
b. Dislike:

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Ans: Gaming, watching HD content

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Ans: Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Ans: GTA 4, Far Cry 2

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Ans: at least 6-8

9) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Ans: Windows 7

10) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Ans: 1280x1024 :confused:

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans: 65000 INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Ans: Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
Ans: India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Asus
b. Dislike:
try asus n55sf in local shops you can get it for 65k or else go with hp dv6 6165tx

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Ans: Gaming, watching HD content

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Ans: Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Ans: GTA 4, Far Cry 2

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Ans: at least 6-8

9) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Ans: Windows 7

10) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Ans: 1280x1024 :confused:

try asus n55sf in local shops you can get it for 65k or else go with hp dv6 6165tx

aroraanant

Explorer
Get a XPS laptop and upgrade your batter from 6 cell to 9 cell so that so you can get a good back up.
Apart from that there is no 1280x1024 screen resolution ...There are 2 options:
1366x768(HD) and 1920x1080(Full HD)
Or check out Asus laptops here

OP
S

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
I heard there are different models of ASUS N55SF. Is it true? If yes can you tell me their model number and specifications

rahul2002

Journeyman
^^ actually there is only one model of n55sf available in india . It is a full hd lappie and GT 555M graphics card.....

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
I heard there are different models of ASUS N55SF. Is it true? If yes can you tell me their model number and specifications

Model Name N55SF-S1209V
Color Black
Display 15.6" Full HD Non-Glare
CPU Intel Huron River
i7-2670QM Quad
(2.2G,6M)
VGA NV GT555M 2G DDR3 VRAM
RAM 8G DDR3 1333
HDD 750G
7200rpm
ODD Blu Ray 4X Combo
WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
BT BT 3.0
Webcam HD
Camera
Battery 6 Cell
OS Win7
Home Premium
Warranty 1-Year Global
On-Site*
Accessory & Remark Bag, Mouse,Subwoofer, USB 3.0 * 2

MRP 73999

this is the only model avaible in india 73999 is mrp you can get it around 65k

Naocha

Right off the assembly line
Even i wanna buy this Asus N55 sf. But I am not so sure about the build quality. I read some reviews. No showrooms in pune to experience before buying this laptop.

OP
S

Sakar

Still a lot to learn
I extended my budget and finalized these option.

Asus N55SF-S1209V
Dell XPS 15z
Dell XPS 14z

Can u tell me which one to buy. Plzzzzzzz help

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I extended my budget and finalized these option.

Asus N55SF-S1209V
Dell XPS 15z
Dell XPS 14z

Can u tell me which one to buy. Plzzzzzzz help

If this is the same dell series with the Nvidia 525m/540m, then no way.
ASUS all the way amongst the ones you mention here.

Though keep in mind that at ~55k you get the HP 6121tx/6165tx with a Radeon 6770 which is nearly, very nearly as powerful as the ASUS but a good ~15k lower in price.

And whatever you buy get a good cooling pad ~1.5k. Keep that in mind. And look into ASS as well, with a i7 and good graphics card, you are liable to run into issues sooner than later.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
If this is the same dell series with the Nvidia 525m/540m, then no way.
ASUS all the way amongst the ones you mention here.

Though keep in mind that at ~55k you get the HP 6121tx/6165tx with a Radeon 6770 which is nearly, very nearly as powerful as the ASUS but a good ~15k lower in price.

And whatever you buy get a good cooling pad ~1.5k. Keep that in mind. And look into ASS as well, with a i7 and good graphics card, you are liable to run into issues sooner than later.

dude for 15k more you get the full hp screen, blue ray reader hd webcam superb sound quality and woofer from asus and no heating issues so think and decide

aroraanant

Explorer
The XPS Z series is really good but its not that good for hardcore gaming.
So I suggest you to get Asus N55SF-S1209V

sarthak

In the zone
dude for 15k more you get the full hp screen, blue ray reader hd webcam superb sound quality and woofer from asus and no heating issues so think and decide

If you don't need a full hd screen and bluray reader, go for hp dv6. I don't know about the sound quality of asus but dv6 too has superb sound(beats audio).

Top Bottom