Laptop under 45k

aneeshcphilip

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
45k INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India, no amazon/newegg

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:sony,dell,lenovo,hp,
b. Dislike:no

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Office works,browsing,music,movies,low end games...

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
both. of course need a great backup

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Not a gamer. only low end games.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
4-5hrs if possible

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
its ok via online

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
windows 7.

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
HD if possible

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Do you really think the laptop you suggested is apt for OP? I mean he just wants to do casual works along with light gaming. Why to go for i7, even i5 is too much for him. Also, supposedly i5 will help in lowering power consumption, thus better back up, which OP desperately wants. Also, HD3000 is anyday preferred over 520M/MX. Why to waste battery for 5 fps increment? :) HD3000 will take care of his most gaming needs.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Hmmm.
OP's budget is of 45k.And I just suggest the best laptop available in that budget.
You only said once
when is extra power bad?
There will be a lot of difference in performance and only a lil bit difference in batter backup.

OP
aneeshcphilip

aneeshcphilip

Broken In
^Do you really think the laptop you suggested is apt for OP? I mean he just wants to do casual works along with light gaming. Why to go for i7, even i5 is too much for him. Also, supposedly i5 will help in lowering power consumption, thus better back up, which OP desperately wants. Also, HD3000 is anyday preferred over 520M/MX. Why to waste battery for 5 fps increment? :) HD3000 will take care of his most gaming needs.

thanks for the thoughts...
please suggest a lap with i5 and good battery backup....

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^^^
Hmmm.
OP's budget is of 45k.And I just suggest the best laptop available in that budget.
You only said once .
There will be a lot of difference in performance and only a lil bit difference in batter backup.

To be very frank, I had a feeling you would quote that line on my above reply! :|

Anyways, do you really think back up difference will be minimal? If stats are to be considered, an i7-2670QM would give roughly 20%-30% less back up than i5-2430M. Now, since OP has set his first priority on battery back up, why to waste those 30% extra back up? If OP is ready to sacrifice it, then better. :)

Moreover I said that in another thread as in that case OP's requirement was for a powerful system which was just in the lines of i5. That's why going for an i7 in that case would have really helped. But here, OP's need can be fulfilled even by i3, then why the hell i7 ? I hope you get my point anant :)

aroraanant

Explorer
To be very frank, I had a feeling you would quote that line on my above reply! :|
He he he :)

Anyways, do you really think back up difference will be minimal? If stats are to be considered, an i7-2670QM would give roughly 20%-30% less back up than i5-2430M. Now, since OP has set his first priority on battery back up, why to waste those 30% extra back up? If OP is ready to sacrifice it, then better. :)
Hmmm the difference in battery backup would not be more than 15-20%.
But we compare then there will be a lot of difference,of about 50%.

Moreover I said that in another thread as in that case OP's requirement was for a powerful system which was just in the lines of i5. That's why going for an i7 in that case would have really helped. But here, OP's need can be fulfilled even by i3, then why the hell i7 ? I hope you get my point anant :)
Yes I got your point.Seriously no offense.
Here a 28k laptop will also do a fine job for OP but if one is ready to spend a huge amount he should really get something for what he/she is paying for.That is just my point.

So now lets come back to the topic.
If OP requirement is to get a good battery back up then he should consider a 14" laptop as it will give a better battery back up by approximately 15-20%.
So if OP i comfortable with 14" then I suggest him to look out for Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG3AEN
And if a 15.6" screen is a must then you can have a look at Sony VAIO E Series VPCEH38FN, this will do a good job for moderate gaming too, but for this one you need to extend your budget by 2-3k

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
He he he :)

Hmmm the difference in battery backup would not be more than 15-20%.
But we compare then there will be a lot of difference,of about 50%.

If we just follow respective TDPs, i7-2670QM = 45W & i5-2430M = 35W.

Difference of 10W is (10/35)*100= 28.57%. Even if you don't believe numbers, 10W in a laptop is good amount of power. I mean it can easily lessen the back up by at least half an hour. Performance increase is never denied, but i7 for casual works, seriously?

Yes I got your point.Seriously no offense.
Here a 28k laptop will also do a fine job for OP but if one is ready to spend a huge amount he should really get something for what he/she is paying for.That is just my point.

I know its in his budget but if the battery back up (along with temp, not of much priority though) would not have been compromised, I'd have blindly supported i7. :)

Also you don't ride a hummer for a 100 step walk? :p

Let him save those few bucks and throw a party for us ;)

There's a vaio 14" model with same config as you posted, minus nVidia GPU, costing 35k. That's better option, I bought that one for my friend. I will post the model in some time. Also, the 15" is too costly for its config. Why not Asus? I have no idea about its battery back up though. Shed some light.

aroraanant

Explorer
If we just follow respective TDPs, i7-2670QM = 45W & i5-2430M = 35W.

Difference of 10W is (10/35)*100= 28.57%. Even if you don't believe numbers, 10W in a laptop is good amount of power. I mean it can easily lessen the back up by at least half an hour. Performance increase is never denied, but i7 for casual works, seriously?
I agree on that totally but in actual if a see the Asus laptops and their reviews then we can see that there is not much difference in the battery back up,the difference is very less(hardly around 15mins or even less than that)

I know its in his budget but if the battery back up (along with temp, not of much priority though) would not have been compromised, I'd have blindly supported i7. :)
Also you don't ride a hummer for a 100 step walk? :p
I think we should now stop discussing about the same.Coz I agree with what you are saying but my point was to get the person the best possible configuration in that budget

Let him save those few bucks and throw a party for us ;)
Ha ha... that would be the best ;)

There's a vaio 14" model with same config as you posted, minus nVidia GPU, costing 35k. That's better option, I bought that one for my friend. I will post the model in some time. Also, the 15" is too costly for its config. Why not Asus? I have no idea about its battery back up though. Shed some light.
The 14" model is now discontinued by the company and its very hard to find it now.The batter back up the Sony laptop is pretty decent.I have Sony VAIO VPCEG25EN and my brother is using it right now,it easily gives a back up of 3.5hr(and sometimes even more) on normal browsing some other work.
Asus laptops also have a pretty decent backup on the other hand and it is almost similar to that of the sony laptops(or can say lil better sometimes)

OP
aneeshcphilip

aneeshcphilip

Broken In
Thanks to u guys for all the info about i5 and i7...
But i m confused which one to take....

Hows Lenovo IdeaPad Z Series Z570?? It comes with grt config and review is also good... pls tell me how about the build quality and all other stuff(ergonomic, display, keypad, heat etc)...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Go for this. Powerful than you will ever require (graphics power), but since your budget is allowing you to go for this, you can. Confirm its battery back up from users in Asus k53/.../ thread.

And this, if you want to save some bucks with a bit better battery life than above. If sceptic about Asus's ASS, go for any model in Sony.

Top Bottom