Laptop under 40000

savvy

Broken In
Firstly, sorry for not maintaining proper format for laptop enquiry. I am posting this from mobile..:oops:

Budget : under 40000
Size : 14'', strict about this because i travel a lot in weekend
Brand preference : nothing
Display : 1366*768, dosen't matter whether glossy/matte.. I know i don't have many option regarding this but the more vivid colour production, sharpness the better.... actually display is one of the most important concerns for me...:mrgreen:
Use : mild gaming, multimedia, net surfing etc
Other : may be good ASS, free DOS

I have primarily decided HP pavilion G4-2049tx : HP Pavilion g4-2049tx Notebook PC (C8D00PA) | HP® India
I will buy within one week. What do u think about it guys ?? Do i have any better option ?? Can anyone give any review??? Thnx...

n3rd

In the zone
Yep G4-2049tx sounds good.

If you could compromise on the graphic card a bit:
Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Weighs a lot less, around 1.8 kg vs 2.19kg of Pavilion, since your primary preference is portability.

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In

Lenovo Ideapad S405 (59-348194) Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Weighs a lot less, around 1.8 kg vs 2.19kg of Pavilion, since your primary preference is portability.

Thnx for your suggestion... I really liked the weight & look of the laptop you mentioned but i think i can't compromise on both CPU & GPU and i prefer one with DOS....

tkin

Back to school!!
Get this: HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
Get this: HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Actually this was my first preference... But since i travel every weekend, my friends suggest me to get a 14'' ... Now again i am confused between these two...!! can you tell me which CPU is better in which case ???

n3rd

In the zone
Actually this was my first preference... But since i travel every weekend, my friends suggest me to get a 14'' ... Now again i am confused between these two...!! can you tell me which CPU is better in which case ???
i5>A10.

PassMark CPU Lookup
PassMark CPU Lookup

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
Thanks for your reply guys but you don't get my question properly... I know that intel one is better. But want to know how much difference will it make in normal laptop usage like browing, listening song & video converting at the same time.... I read somewhere that A10 is comparable with i3... Is it true ???

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
which driver is/are needed to install windows 8 ?? plz help me... or tell me how to install windows 8...

which driver is/are needed to install windows 8 ?? plz help me... or tell me how to install windows 8...

You don't need any drivers to install windows 8. You need to install the drivers after installing windows 8. You can download the latest drivers for win 8 from your laptop manafacturer's website. Do you have win 8 installation dvd?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Thanks for your reply guys but you don't get my question properly... I know that intel one is better. But want to know how much difference will it make in normal laptop usage like browing, listening song & video converting at the same time.... I read somewhere that A10 is comparable with i3... Is it true ???

A10~i3 3rd gen.. But multi-threading in A10 is way better and the AMD processor uses both the integrated + dedicated graphics simultaneously whereas the intel processor would use only one of them..

leibra

Right off the assembly line

I need a laptop under the same budget with 3rd Gen i5, could you plz suggest any model?

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
You don't need any drivers to install windows 8. You need to install the drivers after installing windows 8. You can download the latest drivers for win 8 from your laptop manafacturer's website. Do you have win 8 installation dvd?

I have installed windows 8 but during installation, by mistake, i have installed 4 times.. that take up much of my C drive space... every time i want to delete them it says that permission from system is required & it does not delete.. how to delete them??

tkin

Back to school!!
I have installed windows 8 but during installation, by mistake, i have installed 4 times.. that take up much of my C drive space... every time i want to delete them it says that permission from system is required & it does not delete.. how to delete them??
Please elaborate, how can you install an OS to the same partition four times? And when you say delete them, exactly what do you mean? What are you trying to delete?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Please elaborate, how can you install an OS to the same partition four times? And when you say delete them, exactly what do you mean? What are you trying to delete?
Ctr+Shift+delete..:D

start a new thread, that way it'l be more benefecial..

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
Ok, let me explain.. I installed windows 8 from usb drive and after installing windows 8, i changed the boot option wrongly (actually i didn't find the hard disk option then and thought some other option as hard disk)..:mrgreen: I thought that it was not installed properly and started to install windows 8 again. when i was installing for the second time, a pop-up message was shown telling that it will overwrite the previous one and rename it as "windows.old".. I did it four times :p before i corrected the boot option and each time it renamed the previous one as old.. they all are present in C drive.. Now when i try to delete "windows.old", it says that "permission from SYSTEM is required to make change to this folder". :oops: Now i am force deleting it using tune up utility and 12% is already deleted of one such folder... I am hoping it will be able to delete that (though it is taking too much time: 12% completion after 15 mins).. And i have downloaded two blutooth driver from HP official site but they are not installing... can anyone give me link for proper bluetooth driver.. Sorry guys if i have confused you giving wrong description..:razz:

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok, let me explain.. I installed windows 8 from usb drive and after installing windows 8, i changed the boot option wrongly (actually i didn't find the hard disk option then and thought some other option as hard disk)..:mrgreen: I thought that it was not installed properly and started to install windows 8 again. when i was installing for the second time, a pop-up message was shown telling that it will overwrite the previous one and rename it as "windows.old".. I did it four times :p before i corrected the boot option and each time it renamed the previous one as old.. they all are present in C drive.. Now when i try to delete "windows.old", it says that "permission from SYSTEM is required to make change to this folder". :oops: Now i am force deleting it using tune up utility and 12% is already deleted of one such folder... I am hoping it will be able to delete that (though it is taking too much time: 12% completion after 15 mins).. And i have downloaded two blutooth driver from HP official site but they are not installing... can anyone give me link for proper bluetooth driver.. Sorry guys if i have confused you giving wrong description..:razz:
Just format the drive, since its a new install it won't matter much.

Top Bottom