Laptop under 1L

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think that Asus one gives 3-4 hrs on normal usage. That's the case with most gaming laptops at that price. Even Dell reduced their battery capacity after 7567.
Ok ..let me see the offers ..i have shortlisted acer nitro 5 and asus tuf ..

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Heating issue...hmm but I hope if I am not playing games it will not heat much.
My main requirement is the Intel i7-8750h processor and fast RAM.
1050 TI is part and parcel as none of the non gaming laptop has this processor.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Heating issue...hmm but I hope if I am not playing games it will not heat much.
My main requirement is the Intel i7-8750h processor and fast RAM.
1050 TI is part and parcel as none of the non gaming laptop has this processor.

That processor is available in Non-gaming laptops.Ex :Dell Latitude 5591

Since those laptops are targeted to business users, reviews from consumers like us will be rare. Don't hurry. Take your time to get the correct laptop.
Also make note if the laptop is easy to clean or upgrade.

kaz

right here
I feel sad looking at the laptop prices here in India. The Dell G7 can be bought for ~₹90k from the Gulf or US. If possible get one from abroad.

Need not be, I was referring to laptop such as Dell Latitude series. HP Elitebook series etc....
They are still costly, at least the decent ones. The ones going for cheap don't have even a decent hardware. I'd say something like i5 8300H + GTX 1050 at 90k might be ok for those laptops, but they cost a lot more.

That processor is available in Non-gaming laptops.Ex :Dell Latitude 5591

Since those laptops are targeted to business users, reviews from consumers like us will be rare. Don't hurry. Take your time to get the correct laptop.
Also make note if the laptop is easy to clean or upgrade.
That laptop starts at $1450, which is over 1 lakhs even if you buy it from the US. XPS 15 is a wiser choice at that price as it has better hardware as well.

I feel sad looking at the laptop prices here in India. The Dell G7 can be bought for ~₹90k from the Gulf or US. If possible get one from abroad.
Dell is charging a premium like Apple. There are laptops available in the US for $1000 which costs 80k in India(some MSI & Asus TUF laptops) & then there is Dell, charging 100k for a $1000 laptop (1050Ti model whereas the 1060 model goes on sale for $1000 here).

1.23L on mdcomputers. In US you can avail international warranty by paying extra for it.

I don't know all the terms & conditions but I bought a XPS 13, used it in US for a month, then transferred its warranty to India for free. ADP won't be transferred & I lost 2 months of warranty (happened with my laptop as well for which I transferred the warranty from India to US).

Asus has international warranty in my knowledge.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
They are still costly, at least the decent ones. The ones going for cheap don't have even a decent hardware. I'd say something like i5 8300H + GTX 1050 at 90k might be ok for those laptops, but they cost a lot more.
My work laptop is a Dell Latitude with i7 6820HQ with 16gb ram with 256gb SSD . The laptop cost around 80k for my company. No gpu as its a work laptop.
OP doesn't mention the need for a dGPU. Why spend extra for a dGPU if you don't need.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
That laptop starts at $1450, which is over 1 lakhs even if you buy it from the US. XPS 15 is a wiser choice at that price as it has better hardware as well.
The laptop starts at 1019 USD. Similar to XPS pricing in USA. Also I mentioned that model to show non-gaming laptops are available with powerful processors.

Reference:Latitude 5591 15 Inch Powerful Business Laptop | Dell United States

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
The newer Nitro 5 with 8th gen CPUs have an improved cooling system, a friend of mine bought it in the US & it is great for the price esp the i5 + 1050Ti at $750.
Good for your friend. But is the same model sold in India ? I would prefer to pay extra and go for the Helios series.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Is there a model difference..the one sold here is also nitro 5 and is descent

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there a model difference..the one sold here is also nitro 5 and is descent

Companies tend to have different SKUs under the same Model or Series in different markets. So one has to make note of it while reading reviews of a laptop and buying one. If you are on reddit, you ask about the Nitro Models in the following sub-reddit (A subreddit for desi gamers.).

Top Bottom