Laptop under 1L

sujoyp

Grand Master
1) What is your budget? (INR) 1Lakh

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
High end softwares

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Intel i7-8750H
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
SSD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP 15-cx0143 , Asus TUF , Dell G3

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) FX504GM-EN017T Gaming Laptop Rs.94271 Price in India - Buy Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) FX504GM-EN017T Gaming Laptop Gun Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

This one has a i7 , 1060 and a 120hz monitor.. There are some reports of CPU throttling in the previous versions of ASUS TUF series. No idea about this one though

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thats a nice config..but please remember i am not getting for gaming but for video editing and virtual machine

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Well.. that laptop has a configuration pretty much identical to the stuff you mentioned and it has the best config i could find under 1 lakh.

You could try the Dell XPS 15. It has an amazing display which should be perfect for video editing

Dell XPS 15 Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 9570 Laptop Rs.120000 Price in India - Buy Dell XPS 15 Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 9570 Laptop Silver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

you should be able to find one cheaper locally.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks..i am keeping a watch on prices as online offline sale are going to start

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Anybody saw asus tuf from physically..is it thick
As lappy can be used for office use also so wanted premium look..asus one looks cheap

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1) What is your budget? (INR) 1Lakh

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
High end softwares

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Intel i7-8750H
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD
SSD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP 15-cx0143 , Asus TUF , Dell G3

6) Anything else you would like to say?
MSI GF63 8RD-078IN GF63 8RD-078IN 2018 15.6-inch Laptop (8th Gen i7-8750H/8GB/128GB SSD +1TB/Windows 10/4 Graphics), Black *www.amazon.in/dp/B07G5TFMXF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IugRBbWZPMN2R

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
As lappy can be used for office use also so wanted premium look..asus one looks cheap

A forum member has bought one. I don't remember his forum name. He had posted on the forum about it.

Pasapa

Live to die another day

It's quite thick and somewhat heavy.

Ooh thanks bro..but thats a sad news for me

It is ok considering its a gaming laptop. A weight of 2.3kg & a thickness of 25mm is great IMO. I would go as far as claiming that it is lighter than most of the usual gaming laptops (disregard Razer Blade, Asus Zephyrus, MSI GS65).

If you want something thinner & lighter, your options are Dell XPS 15 & some MSI series including GS65/63.

Remember that Dell XPS 15 & Dell G3 don't have the best cooling solutions under sustained load, so better avoid it if you are going to stress them a lot. Dell's after sales is great, buy an extended warranty if you can, I bought 2 years of extended warranty for 1.5k on an offer.

Last edited:
I would suggest this one as it might be the thinnest & lightest gaming laptop in your budget:
Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Rs.99990 Price in India - Buy Asus TUF Core i7 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) FX504GE-EN224T Gaming Laptop Black Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

It has a good IPS display (120Hz), the 60Hz one is TN most probably. Apparently, there is some limit on power draw which limits the CPU performance, but it doesn't get hot, which is good.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anupam its battery is too less it seems.

Any laptop that will give 4 hr of battrry in normal usage.

@anupam its battery is too less it seems.

Any laptop that will give 4 hr of battrry in normal usage.

I think that Asus one gives 3-4 hrs on normal usage. That's the case with most gaming laptops at that price. Even Dell reduced their battery capacity after 7567.

Top Bottom