Laptop turns off itself after a few minutes

reddead

LoSt!
I decided to clean my laptop today, fan was making noises for past few weeks, so I blowed air into the vent...and then when I switched on the laptop, it shut itself down while loading windows with a light beep sound ( same beep sound can be heard when I forcefully turn off the laptop by pressing its power button for a few seconds)

I tried it by removing battery/ charger ..every combo. Nothing worked.

sometimes I get 5 minutes of use before shutting down, sometimes only a few seconds.

Btw I am using a vaio cb 15. Its out of warranty.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I decided to clean my laptop today, fan was making noises for past few weeks, so I blowed air into the vent...and then when I switched on the laptop, it shut itself down while loading windows with a light beep sound ( same beep sound can be heard when I forcefully turn off the laptop by pressing its power button for a few seconds)

I tried it by removing battery/ charger ..every combo. Nothing worked.

sometimes I get 5 minutes of use before shutting down, sometimes only a few seconds.

Btw I am using a vaio cb 15. Its out of warranty.

IMO it could be the dust which is obstructing it or even a bad capacitor on the mobo(repairable usually)
Has happened to my vaio CR as well
I got mine repaired but my screen died out soon after that but it still works after everything

OP
reddead

reddead

LoSt!
forgot to update here... the stupidest possible thing happened...i just blew more air later that day hoping to fix it and it worked.
blew air and broke it...blew more air and fixed it. :p

is it possible that i pushed in some dust in and the fan stopped working?

i do need to get it cleaned once...its running hot. thanks anyways guys.

Top Bottom