laptop suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
HP dv6226tx ... when I bought it it was 59,000

Now price may have fallen.

But I still regret that just after I purchased dv6226, HP DV6516TX came out.... :(

I would recommend either of the two ... mostly the later one although its 5,000 bucks more ... you dont have to regret later ... It will be a valid laptop for this millenium.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the product sticker is stuck on the underside of the lappy. you needn't even note it down. i think dell provides the dvd by default for the 1520 series. for 1420 series at least it does widout any request or something. but i think regardless of what.. every manufacturer should provide the installation media. afterall how much will mastering a cd or dvd cost?? when they can give driver and apps on the cd why not the OS?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
arre but i already purchased a lappy that is charging me for that OS ... hen y again i need to find or buy the key

You don't have to buy a new key or OS.

When you order your laptop ask them for an installation DVD. They will bundle installation/recovery DVD.

If not then Windows Vista will come bundled with your laptop, installed & activated. Simply go to system properties, note down your 25 character Windows Installation key.

Now, if u don't have a Dell supplied installation DVD then simply use any Windows Vista DVD you have to clean install Vista on the laptop, selecting not to activate when online & don't enter any key during installation.

Once rebooted, just go to activate Windows online, enter your serial & it will activate :)

There is only one Vista DVD, it is the universal one with all editions in it.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya i know the last part but u said that some ppl arent able to activate ....

the reason y want to know this coz im buying it directly formt eh distributor here and he says what ever is in the pack is there we dont add anything we dont remove anything ... besides i already have a vista dvd so i guess if i need to re-install i can use the bundled key to activate ;) but having another original disk has its charm :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
ya i know the last part but u said that some ppl arent able to activate

Simply call Microsoft tech support number & they will activae on Phone :)
the reason y want to know this coz im buying it directly formt eh distributor here and he says what ever is in the pack is there we dont add anything we dont remove anything ...

Then ask the distributer to ask Dell for installation Media.

besides i already have a vista dvd so i guess if i need to re-install i can use the bundled key to activate ;) but having another original disk has its charm :D

Control kar....u got original key na. My original Windows XP CD is lost too, i made a slipstreamed SP2 CD in Mosar Baer which I still use. :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Thanx a lot guys i got the hp 6516tx and the machine is kick a$$ vista is simply beautiful on this baby

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
"naah it such crap os... not havin basic like cut... :D dragging icon to dock deltes it... application folder get delete n i dunno where it go, u cant even save txt files... what crap :D vista is 1000 times better. i no install mac os on my new latpop :D"

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
not on the lappy ... on the desktop its still there coz im waiting to show thinkdigit how stupid the leopard is ;) again no cut-paste there too ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, I'm sure having Tiger installed is completely unrelated to having Leopard. Having a cracked version of Tiger installed on a PC is not going to make it any easier to install a cracked version of Leopard.

If you'd really not wanted to use the OS, it would have been long gone from both your computers.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
only reason os x is still there is that i like the "yo" factor and status quotient related to having a mac os running on a pc .... u wont understand coz inidently apple sells its computers by advertising that it can windows, MS doesnt :D ...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iMav said:
only reason os x is still there is that i like the "yo" factor and status quotient related to having a mac os running on a pc
Imagine what that ""yo" factor and status quotient" would be like if it was the real deal!
Thankfully, you'll never know.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya but u see that is where sensibility comes into account ... the mac machine would be more of yo factor but less of productive work as far as im concerned but now i have the best of both worlds ... :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
"naah it such crap os... not havin basic like cut... :D dragging icon to dock deltes it... application folder get delete n i dunno where it go, u cant even save txt files... what crap :D vista is 1000 times better. i no install mac os on my new latpop :D"

So, you are admitting again that Mac sux. :D

Having a cracked version of Tiger installed on a PC is not going to make it any easier to install a cracked version of Leopard.

Lolz....& I thought u know how Mac OS X works :D

If you'd really not wanted to use the OS, it would have been long gone from both your computers.

One reason for which even I m using OS X, Just look at the UI, it looks so cool :p

Besides, it also shows that unlike what Apple advertises...PCs can run any OS out there
magine what that ""yo" factor and status quotient" would be like if it was the real deal!
Thankfully, you'll never know.

Since you don't know how to run Mac OS X on a PC & how good it runs on my hardware, u have nothing to compare to. Boy, the Mac OS X we are using is the real thing, the one u r using. Just that I got it on my dirt cheap 4 years old computer for which u had to pay Rs 1.5lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom