i want to know which brand or model should i go for:

my budget: 55k

my requirements:

1. vista home premium
2. 1gb or more ram
3. integrated webcam
4. preferably a dedicated graphics card

hp, sony or dell???

i have seen some of their models and all seem to be similar in features and performance so m a little confused ....

Pathik

Google Bot
Dell 1520...
c2d t5250 1.5ghz
2 gb ddr2 667 ram
120gb hdd
nvidia 8600 m gt 256mb gddr3
vista home premium..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Dell 1520 is best bet for you. It comes with Vista home premium but I don't think u will get 2 GB within 55k. Have a look at Dell 1420 instead

Pathik

Google Bot
cos sony vaio lappys will be too costly...
and a similar hp lappy ll cost u more than 60k..
check out the hp v6516 if u want...
but the dell 1520 is the best..

mav see this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64496

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dell too is going out of budget :(

and 1 more question will i be getting a vista setup cd along with any notebook that has the version pre-loaded

that same config is now 60k

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
dell too is going out of budget :(

and 1 more question will i be getting a vista setup cd along with any notebook that has the version pre-loaded

You will need to ask for the DVD

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@ankur its priced at 59k without taxes

@mandar i hate hrithik :D i ahvent searched for acer and for some reason not feeling like buying acer :)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@gx and pathiks the guy says that whatever comes as apackage comes from the company if its there its there if not no ... :confused: pakka atta hai ki nahi

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
@gx and pathiks the guy says that whatever comes as apackage comes from the company if its there its there if not no ... :confused: pakka atta hai ki nahi

As far as my friend working in Windows Vista tech support in converges say, Dell doesn't provide any installation DVD by default, they only provide a recovery DVD or Recovery partition.

However you can ask them for a OEM DVD, & they will ship. Maybe for some extra charge.

iMav, a simple workaround which many of my friends did in Bangalore & gurgaon. They bought there computer with Vista home premium installed with all the 3rd party softwares etc. They simply extracted the serial from the OS & noted it down. After that they clean installed from a Vista DVD selecting to use the 30 day trial. After vista booted fine, they entered the serial which was assigned to the computer & activated over the net.

Rigved was not able to do this on his HP Laptop after clean installin & using the serial key given with the laptop. So he called on Phone support, registered, & activated on Phone

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
why is MS pushing people to go towards piracy :?

Its not piracy, you can simply go to Windows Market place & download the Vista ISO. After that you can either run it for 30 days or buy a key to make it full version.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre but i already purchased a lappy that is charging me for that OS ... hen y again i need to find or buy the key .... :( some1 like me will run a patch and use the ulti version rather thancalling a customer care (who we all know is a headache) or buying another serial after purchasing a 60k lappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom