Laptop Suggestion

cybersa

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
My Budget 40K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP,DELL,Lenovo
b. Dislike:----

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Programming on cross platform.
Compile ROM and Kernel for Android Platform.
Gaming such as GTA4,COD MW
Creating or Editing Videos and Graphics using Adobe After Effect,Photoshop etc..

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Need Dedicated Graphics Card.(Like AMD or nVIDIA)
Please i don't want Intel HD Graphics.

rider

as Kratos
Dell Inspiron 15R
It comes with 3rd gen/ivy bridge core-i5 3210M 2.5Ghz (3.1Ghz in turbo mode), best processor in ur budget
AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1GB DDR3, that is better than nvidia GT 630M of other models.
4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz
500 GB HDD
Genuine Windows 7 64bit

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
+1 on that.
Even I suggest the same.
Or can wait and let the other brands come up with IVB processor laptops

techkens

Banned
Dell laptops are the best for use, with good configurations and features in it and less in weight great to use it.

rider

as Kratos
What you think about Lenovo?

no its ur budget 40k. the price is included with dell damage protection for a year thats why 42.5k, with that you laptop will get insured with any kinda damage.

Brands like acer, lenovo, hcl, wipro will make you cry in performance and after sales, it better to add 2.5k bucks more and get laptop of good brand.
If you want to avoid VAT tax in dell, buy it on the name of central govt employee.

Dell laptops are the best for use, with good configurations and features in it and less in weight great to use it.

They are not always the best, it depends upon the configuration. :p
The 15" model is of 2.8kg so not less in weight.

OP
C

cybersa

Broken In
no its ur budget 40k. the price is included with dell damage protection for a year thats why 42.5k, with that you laptop will get insured with any kinda damage.

Brands like acer, lenovo, hcl, wipro will make you cry in performance and after sales, it better to add 2.5k bucks more and get laptop of good brand.
If you want to avoid VAT tax in dell, buy it on the name of central govt employee.

They are not always the best, it depends upon the configuration. :p
The 15" model is of 2.8kg so not less in weight.
Thanks for your info.
Added to my list. :)
Any other suggestion to add?

cyanide0007

Broken In
Check out Asus K53SM SX010D
Asus K53SM-SX010D / 2nd Gen Ci5/4 GB/750 GB/2GB graphics DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am also going to buy laptop for around 40k. I have question. I am going to take admission in a college where students must have laptops in class rooms,so i will be using my laptop for almost 16hrs(may be more) everyday,i will play games like fifa street 4 and nfs mw reboot too(almost everyday). So,the question is,will battery give decent backups for atleast 3yrs? If not then i will buy a netbook for 20k. Shall i create another thread for my query?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Battery backup decrease with time, specially after 2yrs there will be a massive decline in the battery backup.
BTW in which college are you taking admission

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^^^^
Battery backup decrease with time, specially after 2yrs there will be a massive decline in the battery backup.
thank you for reply. So,will i be able to change battery after 2yrs? If yes then how much it will cost and will it be good? 40k is already a big amount for me,that also only for 2yrs. If buy a netbook/nettop then will i be able to change its battery after 2yrs?
BTW in which college are you taking admission
i am going in SSN college of chennai.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes you can change the battery of any laptop anytime whenever you want, a local one costs around 1.5k where as original ones costs 3-4k

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes you can change the battery of any laptop anytime whenever you want, a local one costs around 1.5k where as original ones costs 3-4k

thank you for answering. o...k...any laptop you mean netbook too,right? And i am waiting for IVB laptops,they will have lil more battery backup compare to current SB laptops(~4 hrs). Am i right?

rider

as Kratos
thank you for answering. o...k...any laptop you mean netbook too,right? And i am waiting for IVB laptops,they will have lil more battery backup compare to current SB laptops(~4 hrs). Am i right?

better to get a Thinkpad, they have 6 hours of battery life.

aroraanant

Explorer
Can't say that they will give better battery back up or not but I think it will same and the difference will be very less.
And yes prerfer thinkpads.They are very good.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
But i thought of getting a Asus laptop. 2nd choice is Dell. Lenovo is ok but asus has better pricing.

OP
C

cybersa

Broken In
What you think about this?
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN 2 Gen Ci5/4GB/750GB/1GB graphics/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Only drop back is FreeDos Os.
I think it can be replaced by windows.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What you think about this?
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN 2 Gen Ci5/4GB/750GB/1GB graphics/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Only drop back is FreeDos Os.
I think it can be replaced by windows.

@cybersa:thanks. But this one has gt520mx. I will not buy any laptop or desktop for 3yrs. And i want to enjoy games too.

Top Bottom