Laptop repair warranty experience Thread

prvprv

Journeyman
Hi friends

Please post your laptop repair / warranty experinces in this thread like Damaged part, cost of replacement, service centre experience etc.

1) Laptop brand/model
2) In Warranty yes/no
3) problem
4) damaged part
5) Where did u repair it
6) repair charges
7) experience/remarks

Mods please enhance this post and add any thing which is important. Thanks :idea:

samudragupta

Youngling
i had a Compaq laptop for the last 4 years and worked very well. The mother board crashed twice in 4 years and i got it replaced it once for 13500/-. It lasted for a year until June last year it crashed again. Since then i'm without a computer due to financial reasons :-(
Conclusion: My overall experience with Hp service center has been good. My laptop had not given any issues except the Optical Drive issues and mother board issues (considering i used it on an average of 16 hrs a day for 4 yrs.) I would rate HP 7/10 in terms of service and 7/10 for the compaq brand). I dont know why any member does not suggest a compaq laptop in this forum, considering they are well built and value for money!!!
My next laptop would most likely be Dell XPS, HP or Asus.

pentiumlover

Broken In
I had a Dell Vostro 1510 with the Geforce 8400 . Exactly 1 week after my warranty expired , the Graphic card crashed . After some research i came to knew that Geforce 8 series had manufacturing defects .
Dell asked 15k for replacing motherboard . I tried to get an intel GMA based motherboard which they did not agree to .

I still remember i argued for 1 hour with dell manger for this . In this case both dell and nvidia were at fault . My argument was that the product was defective from the start and would fail sooner or later .

Got the motherboard replaced with a Intel based one for 6k from a local Computer shop .

My second laptop is SonyVaio , learning from previous experience I took 2 year additional warranty this time .
After 1 year of purchase HardDisk crashed , and they took 1 week to replace it . Kind of OK type service I would say .

In a nutshell , Dell had the best service till I had first hand experience with it . DelL service is overhyped , just because some guy comes to home and replaces 100 bucks fan during warranty does not make them the BEST .

IMHO all are same . Its just that some have good experiences with some brand and some have like mine .

samudragupta

Youngling
In a nutshell , Dell had the best service till I had first hand experience with it . DelL service is overhyped , just because some guy comes to home and replaces 100 bucks fan during warranty does not make them the BEST .

IMHO all are same . Its just that some have good experiences with some brand and some have like mine .
You are absolutely right, even Hp service is not considered all that great, however i've had a decent experience with them... I also feel dell service may be over hyped but someone may also have had a great experience with them...

OP
prvprv

prvprv

Journeyman
My Friend had a samsung laptop 4 years back. After a usage of 2 years he accidentally spilled tea on the keypad and some keys stopped working and some became tight. As it is out of warranty period samsung guys charged around 1k and replaced those damaged keys and returned it in 2 days.
But after 3 or 4 months those keys started giving problem again. So he started using an external keyboard from then. :D

I think those service centers have a fixed minimum charge for everything.

Top Bottom