Laptop Overheating problem: Cant' find spare part.

sudisha

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends:

My Laptop, HP Pavilion dv4-t 1600 running on intel Core 2 Duo, Nvidia Geforce with cuda, Windows 7 64 bit home edition; is overheating and shutting down automatically. I asked HP service center but they can give support to Hardware's bought in abroad. They also doesn't have necessary spare part.

I am looking for Heat-sink. Can I get one in India? Please suggest.

Thank you.

nandu26

In the zone
Are you sure that the problem is with overheating? may be its power adapter failed. C

Can you remove the battery and directly connect to AC power? You should use good quality power strips like belkin to do this.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Are you sure that the problem is with overheating? may be its power adapter failed. C

Can you remove the battery and directly connect to AC power? You should use good quality power strips like belkin to do this.

Are you suggesting that he should connect a DC rechargeable battery to AC power?
:lol: The battery would blow up.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Open the laptop, take out the heatsink, and using a cloth dipped in alcohol, slowly clean the innads of the window/fan area.. Usually overheating in old laptops is because of accumulation of dust around the air filters that clog the ventilation..
Do it and temperatures should drop by around ~5C...
You can go to a 3rd party TRUSTED repair shop to do it for you

Top Bottom