Laptop needed by this month end under 30k

doom

Journeyman
Hello Guys

I'm thinking of buying a laptop as my primary aim is to play online games with my brother and watch 1080p movies which my netbook can't do.

Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)-
20k-30k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Maybe 14-15 will do too
• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen(preferred)

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Watching 1080p movies, playing games like world of Warcraft, guild wars 2, dota 2, maybe bf3

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? I was thinking screen above 15" and 4gb ram is a must to play games but you guys are the better judge.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:
Nah, all brands are equally good.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• Purchase place ( Flipkart, amazon are an option as I live in India.)

A DOS system would be preferred as I can save 1-2k because I have windows 7 with me.

I need to be able to run the games in already medium-high settings smoothly. I know what I'm asking for is a lot but I'm a little tight on budget.

Thanks in advance

Tarun Singh

Banned
My two picks for you are Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop and Dell Vostro 2520 Laptop. Both are below 30K but do not have a dedicated graphics card.

There is a deal going on Amazon for HP Pavilion 15-N013AU 15.6-inch Notebook. Original price is Rs 34292 and the deal price is 29K.

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
My two picks for you are Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop and Dell Vostro 2520 Laptop. Both are below 30K but do not have a dedicated graphics card.

There is a deal going on Amazon for HP Pavilion 15-N013AU 15.6-inch Notebook. Original price is Rs 34292 and the deal price is 29K.

Without a dedicated graphic card, will they be able to run these games?

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Budget is low you need to increase it.
Or my advice is that you better get a gaming desktop.

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
Budget is low you need to increase it.
Or my advice is that you better get a gaming desktop.

Yea, i know budget is very low but in any case cant increase it. I already have a gaming desktop. I want to play with my brother together so that is the reason I need a laptop.

$hadow

Geek in making
Than I would say that you should drop the idea of playing games like battlefield and all.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
You can get a laptop with dedicated graphics card if you increase your budget by 3-5k.i would suggest you to go with Dell inspiron suggested here as it's hd4000 is more powerful than 8330 in amd a4 based hp laptop.

pratheeshps

Journeyman
HP Pavilion 15 n006AX is your best bet around 30k...Available around 30k,has an AMD processor with 1 GB Graphic Card & Windows 8.
HP Pavilion 15 n006AX Laptop (AMD Accelerated Processor A4 5000- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Win8- 1GB Graph) (Mineral Black Colour Horizontal Brush Pattern) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Check out this link from thinkdigit about the Gaming Laptops
15 Best Affordable Gaming Laptops under Rs. 60,000 - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Features

2kool2btrue

In the zone
I have an Asus K53TK (rather X53TK). Has an AMD quad core A6 processor, 4gb ram, 7670m(can be crossfired with the APU - helps in games like BF3, Alien vs Predator, etc.) It runs all these games you've mentioned in high settings and plays 1080p like a champ.
Oh, I can run Battlefield 4 at medium-high settings comfortably (~35fps) with no AA, AF so dota2 should not be a problem. :)
Check if you can find it offline (since its no longer available online) One hell of a VFM laptop if you ask me :)

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
Leave the bf3, only world of Warcraft, guild wars 2, dota 2.

Will the i3 3rd gen do or i5?

Edit- how is Toshiba sattelite L850- I2011(29.9k @Flipkart)

Last edited:

2kool2btrue

In the zone

i3 3rd gen is more than sufficient. That GPU cannot be bottlenecked by that processor so don't think that an i5 would serve you any better with the same GPU 7670m. The Toshiba Laptop looks like a good deal to me.

Tarun Singh

Banned
The Toshiba laptop OP has selected is superior than the Dell you've mentioned. :)
Maybe I am a little bit biased towards Dell than Toshiba. :razz:

Price of Toshiba Satellite L850-I2011 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS/ 1GB Graph) is now slashed to Rs 29580. The plus point of this laptop is 1 GB dedicated graphics card AMD Radeon 7670M and extra 250 GB HDD.But someone in this post said : Intel 4000 graphics is better than even AMD Radeon 8330M.So only 250 GB HDD is a plus in Toshiba.

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Maybe I am a little bit biased towards Dell than Toshiba. :razz:

Price of Toshiba Satellite L850-I2011 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ No OS/ 1GB Graph) is now slashed to Rs 29580. The plus point of this laptop is 1 GB dedicated graphics card AMD Radeon 7670M and extra 250 GB HDD.But someone in this post said : Intel 4000 graphics is better than even AMD Radeon 8330M.So only 250 GB HDD is a plus in Toshiba.

I've never come across an 8330m. But if the guy said that HD4000 is better than 7670M, then he obviously knows little about GPUs. The 7670m is at least 50% faster than an HD4000 in games. Plus, the 7670m overclocks pretty well so there's ample juice for today's games in medium settings without AA. (Personal Experience) :)

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
HP Pavilion G6-2301AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) Seems better than the Toshiba one.

Edit- I can increase my budget my 2-3k if I can get a VFM laptop at that price or the laptop is much better than any offered under 30k

Edit(2)- My budget has increased to 34k, can maybe extend it to 35k. But lower, the better. How is Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph)?

Price of HP Pavilion G6-2301AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) sadly has increased to 37k.

I think sammy one is better than the HP one.

Last edited:

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Samsung NP300E5V-S02IN is a good laptop. However, if you're looking to spend close to 35k, get the Samsung NP370R5E-S06IN. It SHOULD be available for under 35k locally.

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
Hmm its 43k on Flipkart. Any idea where I can get the best prices of these 2 Samsung laptops in Delhi?

Top Bottom