Laptop in 40 - 50 K for homeuse (15 inch)

hari.vgl

Broken In
I'm also in a buying decision process just like OP. The Acer A515-43 is really the best laptop for the money. You won't really miss the backlit keyboard like how you'd miss a good display on the Vivobook. Don't use the laptop in pitch darkness anyway, you won't need the backlight.

Also, asking everyone, how good a deal are these 3 below mentioned Dell laptops with the flat 10% off from ICICI. Are they worth investing above the A515-43 for the offer price?
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-15-5590-laptop/icc-c583503win8
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...top/spd/vostro-15-3590-laptop/icc-d583005win8
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...top/spd/vostro-15-3590-laptop/icc-d583004win8

Also adding one more from Dell. Though this will significant overshoot the 40-50 range, there is a 2000 rupee coupon + flat 10% off + Sennheiser HD350BT for ₹499:
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...p/spd/inspiron-15-7591-laptop/icc-c586501win8

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm also in a buying decision process just like OP. The Acer A515-43 is really the best laptop for the money. You won't really miss the backlit keyboard like how you'd miss a good display on the Vivobook. Don't use the laptop in pitch darkness anyway, you won't need the backlight.

Also, asking everyone, how good a deal are these 3 below mentioned Dell laptops with the flat 10% off from ICICI. Are they worth investing above the A515-43 for the offer price?
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...top/spd/vostro-15-3590-laptop/icc-d583005win8
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...top/spd/vostro-15-3590-laptop/icc-d583004win8

Also adding one more from Dell. Though this will significant overshoot the 40-50 range, there is a 2000 rupee coupon + flat 10% off + Sennheiser HD350BT for ₹499:
*www.dell.com/en-in/shop/laptops-2-...p/spd/inspiron-15-7591-laptop/icc-c586501win8
All 4 are overpriced. Don't buy a laptop based on the included accessories. I am being biased against dell here because they haven't had good value for years now.

hari.vgl

Broken In
All 4 are overpriced. Don't buy a laptop based on the included accessories. I am being biased against dell here because they haven't had good value for years now.
I didn't ask based on included accessories. I asked purely based on price. Leaving aside the Sennheiser offer and warranty offers, and even the free Office suite:

The Vostro 15 3590 with i5-10210u + Win10 + Radeon 610 2GB + 8GB RAM + 256GB NVME + 1TB 7200rpm HDD is available for ₹51.3k

The Inspiron 15 5590 with i5-10210u + Win10 + 8GB RAM + 512GB NVME + Backlit KB is available for ₹55.3k

The Inspiron 15 7591 with i5-9300h + Win10 + GTX 1050 3GB + 8GB RAM + 512GB NVME + Backlit KB + 130W Charger + 56Wh Battery is available for ₹68.4k

I would love to hear the other people's opinions on these deals ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Vostro 15 3590 with i5-10210u + Win10 + Radeon 610 2GB + 8GB RAM + 256GB NVME + 1TB 7200rpm HDD is available for ₹51.3k
Waste of money, radeon 610 is equivalent to intel integrated graphics so what exactly are you paying the extra money for when all the components in this laptop are available in laptops priced less than 40k.

The Inspiron 15 5590 with i5-10210u + Win10 + 8GB RAM + 512GB NVME + Backlit KB is available for ₹55.3k
same as above & even more waste of money.

The Inspiron 15 7591 with i5-9300h + Win10 + GTX 1050 3GB + 8GB RAM + 512GB NVME + Backlit KB + 130W Charger + 56Wh Battery is available for ₹68.4k
You can get 1050 in 55k laptops with similar/better build quality from asus,acer & lenovo.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can get 1050 in 55k laptops with similar/better build quality from asus,acer & lenovo.
1050 is 3 year old (is a waste of money now), 1650 has replaced it and with 50% more performance at similar prices.
*www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-GTX-...n-RX-560X-Laptop_9828_7503_8810.247598.0.html

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any problem with data recovery incase of a failure in an SSD?I was told chances of data recovery is very less compared to HDD.
That is correct, ssd write data in a very different way from hdd so chances of data recovery are much less compared to hdd. In any case one should never rely on data recovery anyway as taking backups in different media at different locations is the only recommended way.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
That is correct, ssd write data in a very different way from hdd so chances of data recovery are much less compared to hdd. In any case one should never rely on data recovery anyway as taking backups in different media at different locations is the only recommended way.
So it would be better if I go for a model that supports both like acer A515 right? One more thing, it's not clear from acer site if that model only comes with SSD but also supports a secondary device as HDD. So can I connect my existing faulty laptops HDD to this? Do I have to take it to a acer shop for installing HDD?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it would be better if I go for a model that supports both like acer A515 right? One more thing, it's not clear from acer site if that model only comes with SSD but also supports a secondary device as HDD. So can I connect my existing faulty laptops HDD to this? Do I have to take it to a acer shop for installing HDD?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
All laptop mobos nowadays have at least 1 sata port & if a laptop is coming with NVMe ssd(as in acer model) then that means the sata port is empty so almost always there is option to add 2.5" hdd/ssd as long is there is empty space inside. Reviews/comments on amazon also mention space for 2.5" drive. Yes, in case of acer they have very restrictive warranty policy so even opening a screw by yourself is a big no so you will have to go to their service centre & you may also have to pay ~500 as service charge(as this is not warranty because nothing in acer laptop requires servicing but rather you adding your own hardware).

123hero

In the zone
I found this model Buy ASUS VivoBook 15 X512DA-EJ502T AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5-3500U 15.6-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/FP Reader/Backlit KB/1.60 Kg), Slate Gray Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

promising except for the LED display. Anyone have any experience with this model? How is the display performance. Saw some negative comments on amazon.
Also is it true that using SSD instead of HDD increases the battery life by 30 minutes?

This ASUS laptop is actually very good in its original price point of around 38-41K

I went to couple of showrooms looking for the same and had seen the X509FA variant with i3. The screen looked pretty decent considering the price point. Nothing great to write about, but definitely workable for indoor usage and document processing+browsing+watch movies. The viewing angles are not that great since its a TN panel.

IMO you would not be able to differentiate much between the panel's on the Asus or the Acer laptops.

The point is that this laptop (ASUS Vivobook 15 X512DA EJ501T is now overpriced by at least 10K do considering that it was selling around 40-41K even during early July 2020.

I would recommend to reach out to a retailer and bargain for this particular model. Don't settle for any other model and a price above 45K. Most retailers don't act in the customers best interest unfortunately. They often include some bundled trash (like laptop bag+mouse+earphones+alcohol based spray for screen cleaning+silicon cover for keyboard etc etc) that they claim to be worth 3-4K also along with the laptop. Tell them straightway that you don't need those and ask them to reduce that much price on the MRP.

Don't mind haggling with the store guy, the objective is to obtain the best deal possible.

If you can ditch the SSD , you can opt for the 1 TB HDD model of Asus X509DA as well.

Amazon / Flipkart sales are expected to start soon and you can watch out for these laptops for a bargain.

Last edited:

123hero

In the zone
No, that's like going back 10 years in time for tech.

Do agree on the storage part and I also side with the opinion that it is better to shell out a couple of thousands more for a worthy product since the incremental value is always higher.

But the SSD models are vanishing like thin air and are way too overpriced at the moment.(Both ASUS and Acer models retailing at well above 45K)

If the OP is able to get a deal on X509DA for around 44K and throw in a 256 GB SSD - it would be more than enough to get the stuff done.

Reg

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

Backlit keyboard is very useful in case you plan to use it in bed and your partner doesn't like light being on.

I like to browse and finish up pending work before watching some entertainment and then sleep. It has been significantly irritating to do this with a keyboard without backlight.

It depends on individual preference.

Backlit keyboard is very useful in case you plan to use it in bed and your partner doesn't like light being on.

I like to browse and finish up pending work before watching some entertainment and then sleep. It has been significantly irritating to do this with a keyboard without backlight.

It depends on individual preference.
Even in daylight, I find backlit KBs easier to read. You notice this when you shift from a backlit KB to non-backlit one.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Even in daylight, I find backlit KBs easier to read. You notice this when you shift from a backlit KB to non-backlit one.
On the contrary some people might find it distracting while watching movies or something.

Having the option is definitely a plus from my side.

On the contrary some people might find it distracting while watching movies or something.

Having the option is definitely a plus from my side.
You can turn it off. Usually there are 2 brightness settings as well.

Nowadays even some 30k laptops have backlit KB, so it is a must-have thing IMO.

Top Bottom