Laptop in 40 - 50 K for homeuse (15 inch)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mi laptop horizon
It is not a good option & whatever positive sentiment xiaomi had is now already gone after the China row. No need to pick a chinese laptop(incl lenovo) when similarly priced better options are available from Taiwanese competitors(asus & acer) or a bit costlier but also better build quality options from US companies(dell & hp).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Well looks like Fixed Non-upgradable RAM is 'New Normal' for the Light & Thin Laptops - Very Very disappointed and when it turns for AMD Ryzen 4000 series light notebooks it is worse because 2GB goes to Vega Graphics.

Upcoming Acer Swift 3 with 4000 Ryzen also comes with Fixed 8 GB RAM - So anybody who buys that will have to live 5.9GB RAM forever.....

It is worst than COVID Pandemic (which apple starts it) - If anybody needs all the upgradability and stuff, they must buy the 2.5 to 3.5 Kg gaming machine. As of now Looks like the Acer A515-A43 is the last and only machine which buyer can enjoy 16GB RAM in future.

I'm really frustrated at this point to get a lightweight AMD 4 series Laptop.....Sorry for my post but this the fact.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It is not a good option & whatever positive sentiment xiaomi had is now already gone after the China row. No need to pick a chinese laptop(incl lenovo) when similarly priced better options are available from Taiwanese competitors(asus & acer) or a bit costlier but also better build quality options from US companies(dell & hp).
My thoughts too. Initially I didn't understand his post but then found the website. Even though it sounds promising,( it even has a no emi option with Hdfc which is perfect for me) now I don't want to buy from them.
I am not familiar with acer as a laptop brand. How are they?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both asus & acer are Taiwanese companies, no need to tell about asus as they are the leader in mobo segment & as for acer their build quality is also good for their price aka they may not have the build quality of costlier dell models but among similarly priced models their build quality is decent.

Mi laptop horizon
No, just no. For a so-called "premium" ultrabook, it lacks backlit KB & FP, both found in other laptops at this price, like Acer Swift 3, R5 4500U model at 60k has those + more powerful CPU, slightly inferior iGPU compared to MX250. So overall, overpriced for a Xiaomi laptop which likely suffers from poor after-sales, worse than that of even Acer & Asus.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
No, just no. For a so-called "premium" ultrabook, it lacks backlit KB & FP, both found in other laptops at this price, like Acer Swift 3, R5 4500U model at 60k has those + more powerful CPU, slightly inferior iGPU compared to MX250. So overall, overpriced for a Xiaomi laptop which likely suffers from poor after-sales, worse than that of even Acer & Asus.

Hi, Acer Swift 3 got RAM upgradability?

Neo

16GB RAM is more than enough. Mi horizon seems neat to me. Didn't know that I didn't have backlit keyboard though so that's a let down. If I was out to buy a new laptop I would get this only.

Edit: ok so we stuck with 8Gib of RAM? That sucks. Would have been the perfect laptop if not for that.

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Both asus & acer are Taiwanese companies, no need to tell about asus as they are the leader in mobo segment & as for acer their build quality is also good for their price aka they may not have the build quality of costlier dell models but among similarly priced models their build quality is decent.
Can you suggest some good acer models that may match my required configs? I found two good Dell models (Vostro 15 3590 with 8GB & Inspiron 15 5590 with 4GB). Both are in the 45 + range and price might increase if you customize it. But both have limited RAM upgrade option.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you suggest some good acer models that may match my required configs? I found two good Dell models (Vostro 15 3590 with 8GB & Inspiron 15 5590 with 4GB). Both are in the 45 + range and price might increase if you customize it. But both have limited RAM upgrade option.
Do these models have both ips screen & backlit keyboards? If willing to give up on backlit keyboard then already suggested an acer model & if willing to give up on ips screen then there are asus vivobook models.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Both of these have terrible value mainly because of intel. Don't buy stupid dual core laptops when even phones have 4 cores now. At 55K, Vostro 15 3590 8GB ram variant comes with a HDD like its 2014 (from Dell's website). 4GB ram in Inspiron 15 5590 at 45k is daylight robbery.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Do these models have both ips screen & backlit keyboards? If willing to give up on backlit keyboard then already suggested an acer model & if willing to give up on ips screen then there are asus vivobook models.
Both have led display and backlit is optional on inspiron.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just wondering any Acer or AMD Company representative presents in this forum ?
I don't think there are currently any active official rep of any company here. You can still save this reddit link for future reference for many other brands/shops though.
verireps - IndianGaming

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I don't think there are currently any active official rep of any company here. You can still save this reddit link for future reference for many other brands/shops though.
verireps - IndianGaming

Thanks for the replying, just one request If you please let me know why my last post which I replied for post no #55 in the place of post no #56 disappeared? Asking this so in future I will not going to share any of my findings here anymore which may help prospective buyers to know better.

The last post I made about shortcomings of Upcoming Laptop Trends comes with a multicore processor with fixed ram - No curse word / No personal Attack / Not even company name or anything - But my post disappear without saying a valid reason....If I know the objectionable content of my post I will refrain writing any comment here.

Hope you understand - Just looking forward some response of Digit Forum Mod - It will help me in future to develop myself and become more forum friendly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the replying, just one request If you please let me know why my last post which I replied for post no #55 in the place of post no #56 disappeared? Asking this so in future I will not going to share any of my findings here anymore which may help prospective buyers to know better.

The last post I made about shortcomings of Upcoming Laptop Trends comes with a multicore processor with fixed ram - No curse word / No personal Attack / Not even company name or anything - But my post disappear without saying a valid reason....If I know the objectionable content of my post I will refrain writing any comment here.

Hope you understand - Just looking forward some response of Digit Forum Mod - It will help me in future to develop myself and become more forum friendly.
You are not the only one whose post disappeared, one of my PM did too. It seems forum was restored using an older backup & anything posted between that time & restored backup is gone. Just for future reference, whenever a mod deletes a post you should get a notification especially if you are not a spammer posting spam links(aka usual members get some notification/warning for any deleted/edited post).

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Please advice on this laptop:

*www.amazon.in/VivoBook-15-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics-X512FA-EJ550T/dp/B07RWYQJ5Y

*www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X512FA/specifications/

Top Bottom