Laptop in 40 - 50 K for homeuse (15 inch)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please advice on this laptop:
It does have a better design & backlit keyboard but has a TN screen while the acer model I suggested earlier has better processor & much better graphics because of ryzen 3500u & has IPS screen along with double the ram & ssd in asus model and all this just for ~2k more but now it is out of stock.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
It does have a better design & backlit keyboard but has a TN screen while the acer model I suggested earlier has better processor & much better graphics because of ryzen 3500u & has IPS screen along with double the ram & ssd in asus model and all this just for ~2k more but now it is out of stock.
Thanks. Can you please confirm the model?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Please advice on this laptop:

*www.amazon.in/VivoBook-15-6-inch-Integrated-Graphics-X512FA-EJ550T/dp/B07RWYQJ5Y

*www.asus.com/in/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X512FA/specifications/
An i3 8xxxU = R3 3200U < i5 82xxU/10xxxU = R5 3500U < R5 4500U

So R5 3500U is a better choice for the price, 2c/4t of i3 vs 4c/8t R5.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
An i3 8xxxU = R3 3200U < i5 82xxU/10xxxU = R5 3500U < R5 4500U
Actually i3 8th gen is faster than 3200u by ~15% on an average as per benchmarks & its integrated graphics is also a bit better than vega 3 of 3200u so overall i3 8th gen is superior to 3200u & should be replaced only by 3500u or above among ryzen processors.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I am asking about the acer model you were referring to.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
That is the best option but it has gone out of stock on amazon site so you will have to wait. It is still available on acer site though but with a bit increased price.
*store.acer.com/en-in/laptops/aspire-5-a515-43-r44z-2

Actually i3 8th gen is faster than 3200u by ~15% on an average as per benchmarks & its integrated graphics is also a bit better than vega 3 of 3200u so overall i3 8th gen is superior to 3200u & should be replaced only by 3500u or above among ryzen processors.
I should have used "similar" symbol. 10-15% isn't something noticeable.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
That is the best option but it has gone out of stock on amazon site so you will have to wait. It is still available on acer site though but with a bit increased price.
*store.acer.com/en-in/laptops/aspire-5-a515-43-r44z-2
is there any Microsoft Surface models worth looking at? Not familiar with them. How are they?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Not worth their price at least in India.
My laptop buying quest still continues. Visit to local dealers was not helpful. They do not have Acer model A515-43. But have A515-54 & 52 which as per them costs between 53 - 61K which sounds too expensive as the mentioned models don't have much difference than 43 model. You know anything about these models?Also, i noticed 43 model comes without a optical drive.Have this general question, Although when you buy a laptop you get pre installed original Windows 10 you don't get the CD/DVD of the OS and in case of a failure you have to go service centre. Are the OEM's buying windows OS with multi user license and installing in multiple laptops? is that why we don't get the OS in CD/DVD?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CD/DVD is obsolete nowadays, games run on steam/similar services net installers & all OS now supports bootable usb drive. Win 10 saves activation info on microsoft's own servers so in future if you need to reinstall win 10 then all you need to do is install the same version that came pre-installed(home or pro) on laptop/pc & then connect to net & microsoft will automatically reactivate your win 10 install as long as system hardware is not changed(aka basically laptop/pc motherboard is still the same).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Have this general question, Although when you buy a laptop you get pre installed original Windows 10 you don't get the CD/DVD of the OS and in case of a failure you have to go service centre. Are the OEM's buying windows OS with multi user license and installing in multiple laptops? is that why we don't get the OS in CD/DVD?
You don't have to go anywhere.
Backup your windows key and copy it on a usb drive and/or cloud storage using this:
*www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/advanced_tokens_manager.html
You can download windows 10 from microsoft directly and use the key you backed up for activation if you have to re-install the OS.

DVDs drives are slow and take unnecessary space which could be utilized by important components such as heatsinks and larger batteries.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@SaiyanGoku see my above post. Laptops with pre-installed win 10 use oem keys which don't need to be backed up. Only retail keys need to be backed up & almost nobody uses them at least in India.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku see my above post. Laptops with pre-installed win 10 use oem keys which don't need to be backed up. Only retail keys need to be backed up & almost nobody uses them at least in India.
I know but it'll be a peace of mind thing to have the key as a backup. Most shops would install pirated OS even when there's a license key sticker on bottom.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
CD/DVD is obsolete nowadays, games run on steam/similar services net installers & all OS now supports bootable usb drive. Win 10 saves activation info on microsoft's own servers so in future if you need to reinstall win 10 then all you need to do is install the same version that came pre-installed(home or pro) on laptop/pc & then connect to net & microsoft will automatically reactivate your win 10 install as long as system hardware is not changed(aka basically laptop/pc motherboard is still the same).
thanks a lot @whitestar_999 & @SaiyanGoku . Will keep that in mind. So you guys know anything about the acer models 52 & 54?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know but it'll be a peace of mind thing to have the key as a backup. Most shops would install pirated OS even when there's a license key sticker on bottom.
As far as I know no laptops with pre-installed win 10 oem version comes with such stickers. :confused:

thanks a lot @whitestar_999 & @SaiyanGoku . Will keep that in mind. So you guys know anything about the acer models 52 & 54?
If you are talking about below models then not worth buying.
*store.acer.com/en-in/aspire-5-a515-52g-4
*store.acer.com/en-in/aspire-5-a515-54g-51ub-3

Top Bottom