Laptop Hdd back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccspdy400

Right off the assembly line
Dear friends,

I am a copier machine service engineer. In a Canon digital copier cum printer , a laptop Hdd (Thoshiba) 2gb is fixed. It contains some fonts and pcl & postscript firmware in it. Now the Problem is I want to copy this to another laptop hard disk.

I heared that one of the technician in the same field can do this, by conecting the laptop hdd to IDE through a connector to a desk top and attains the task. is it possible.

I also tried by connecting the Laptop Hdd to a system, I can see the hdd is detected in the device Manager but it could not detect in my computer.

Please help me

muruperu6060@yahoo.co.in

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well its pretty simple. There are converters by which you can hook a laptop hdd to a desktop system using IDE cables which the other technician uses.
*img295.imageshack.us/img295/2139/ideadaptor2lr.jpg

Those are pretty cheap and you will find it, if you look at the right places. Ebay India has it too. Check out here These cost around 500 Rs.

A much better solution would be to get 2.5" hdd enclosure and connect it to any laptop/desktop PC via USB/firewire and transfer the files or create GHOST images of the same.

OP
C

ccspdy400

Dear Friend,

I got the connector, I connected the HDD through IDE-2. I could not detect the HDD in My computer, but it can see in the device manager, and disk management, Now I need to copy the contents of the HDD to another one, Partition style is not Fat32.
I right clicked in the disk management in the properties it shows the partition style is master boot record.

Please help me

Thank U

Muruperu6060 @yahoo.com

G

gxsaurav

since it is not FAT32 it cannot be shown in Windows XP as it will show only FAT32, FAT16,FAT or NTFS partitions in my Computer

u can use some data recovery applications, such as ontrack esay recovery or R-Undelete, which will do this, by using such applications, u can access the files even if the file system is not recognised by Windows, however keep in mind that the file system should be something which can be recognised by these applications

OP
C

ccspdy400

Dear Friend,

Please can u give the link to get the software. where I can get the software.

Thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom