laptop getting shutdown while playing a game

sanny16

Journeyman
I have dell studio 1555 laptop. I use a cooler pad while playing games. Now a days when i play fifa 12 my laptop power offs directly in the middle of the game but this does not use to happen earlier. Now laptop gets heat up very fast as compared to previous days. How can i check whether my fan is working(of laptop) or not? How many fans are there in this model of laptop? Can i replace the existing fan with the new one? Few days ago i installed origin client to the system for downloading fifa 13 demo. Whenever i start fifa 12 the origin client use to popup automatically. When i was removing the origin client it displayed a warning message that some game might not work properly. I can surf, watch video, listen to music for hours without interruption. Please help me out!!

Hannah

Zaid Mark
There is only one fan in almost all laptops and you don't need to replace the fan. It just needs cleaning
Google for 'dell studio 1555 fan cleaning' or you can search on youtube

Note: Before you try to open your laptop you should know about basic computer hardware.
Do not remove the heat sink/cooler from the processor and GPU, if you don't have thermal paste.

Top Bottom