Laptop for student

rohanravi26

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys,
I want to buy a laptop with a price range of around 45k, plus or minus 3k.
i need 4Gb ram,1gb Graphic card and 500 Gb harddisk.
Is there any big difference between i3-370 and i5-460 processors.
I checked the Dell XPS 15 Laptop for 49,900 with i5-460/500/4gb/15'' with a 1Gb Graphic card. What are your opinions about this laptop.
I want a 15'' screen and the keyboard should have a numpad.
I have a sony handycam, which has a firewire output and a usb output.usb gives me bad quality so i have to use firewire. but most of the laptops dont have a firewire port, so could you suggest a solution for this problem. dell xps 15 has usb3.0, so are there usb3.0 to firewire converts availible in the market.
Could you also help me with the student discounts. i am an IIT student.
Thanks a Lot
Rohan Ravi

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Go for dell studio xps 15 with i5 460 and gts 420. If you need more powerful graphics,then customize it to include a gts 435. Its a very good laptop and comes with all connectivity support and 2.1 jbl soundsystem built in.

OP
R

rohanravi26

Right off the assembly line
Is gt420 more powerful than the graphic cards inspiron laptops have ie ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 550v - 1GB .

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
core i3 does not have intel turbo boost, and yes there is performance difference between the two core i3 370 and core i5 460

no student gets any discount LOL. if you want student discount you will need to coordinate to get Dell come to your campus and sell laptops to good number of students. Though Dell has good options for students. In IIMs

550v is little better than gt420

Last edited:
Top Bottom